Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 2002 CBR954RR.. Loving it!

It didn't come with any service history and from the condition I bought it in, it's a pretty safe bet to say it's well due for a service. Question is though at 42,000kms do any of you have the original service manuals that say what the bike will need for this service?

Any info/help would be really appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 2002 CBR954RR.. Loving it!

It didn't come with any service history and from the condition I bought it in, it's a pretty safe bet to say it's well due for a service. Question is though at 42,000kms do any of you have the original service manuals that say what the bike will need for this service?

Any info/help would be really appreciated :)

Get yourself a manual and go through _all_ the maintenance so you know everything is up to date. Your local library should be able to get you the Haynes if you really don't want to buy one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm eventually wanting to get the manual, toolkit, spare key and many other things to bring it up to the standard I'd like it to be at... But wanting to put the money towards the service first. I'm sure my mechanic will know the majority of what it will need but thought I'd check on here to see if there's anything specific I should be aware of.

I was pretty concerned about it as it has a ticking noise but after looking around on here it seems that is pretty common for this bike and model. So that helps to ease my mind about the service coming up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts