Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST POST, YAY!

A while back I had a bit of a crash and in putting my bike back together, removed the fuel tank and fuel pump from the tank. It took a year but it's all back together and everything is in perfect working order. I however have no warning now when i'm about to run out of fuel, other than keeping an eye on my miles. The little bars do not show up. I have removed the tank/pump again and checked all wiring/plugs/fuses and nothing seems to be amiss. Is this tied into another system that I don't know about? I desperately want this to work. I plan on upgrading and buying new plastics and gifting it to my g/f.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
sounds like you may just be paranoid in thinking that they wont work..my bars Usually come on around 175-200 miles..but that depends on my riding habits as well....Im not sure what the real problem could be just speculating...But then again, the older F series CBR didnt have this feature, so maybe you could go old school and just keep an eye on the milage, and start getting fuel around the 125-150 mark to be safe...i rode for over 10 years working my odometer for fuel stops...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I try not to rely on the fuel reserve bars, just keep track of the miles for it. My reserve usually comes on after 130 miles or so. I always wondered if that is bad mileage for my f4i.

with a 4 gal. approx tank, and gas at about $2.60 a gallon, any milage is Great milage..lol sure beats 30 bucks and 40 miles to the gallon for my lil golf..and to beat it all, south america still pays only like what, .10 cents per gallon...I smell Rats..................................:stirpot:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Could the display have been damaged during your incident? Maybe you should try putting voltage to the appropriate wires and seeing if the display activates then?

Check grounding.

And I fully understand your desire to get the display working if the bike is going to be your girlfriend's. Better to have a bit of bother right now than a LOT of bother down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is exactly what I have always done. I start getting scared at about 120 miles or so. I've had a LOT more miles on it before when I saw my last bar start blinking. My friend and I rode all day without filling up...stopped at a gas station, watched his g/f fill up and looked at each other, proving our manliness we skipped filling up till we parted ways later (8 miles or so down the road) I got gas at the station down the street from my house. Pulling in on fumes.

I still need to know why it isn't working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.