Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST POST, YAY!

A while back I had a bit of a crash and in putting my bike back together, removed the fuel tank and fuel pump from the tank. It took a year but it's all back together and everything is in perfect working order. I however have no warning now when i'm about to run out of fuel, other than keeping an eye on my miles. The little bars do not show up. I have removed the tank/pump again and checked all wiring/plugs/fuses and nothing seems to be amiss. Is this tied into another system that I don't know about? I desperately want this to work. I plan on upgrading and buying new plastics and gifting it to my g/f.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guarantee that they do not work, I found out the hard way and have "tested" it by riding with a 1 gallon tank a few times and yes, I run dead and the bars do not show up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...putting voltage to the right wires....now I'm lost...

Pull the instrument cluster and use a voltmeter, or what? Grounding on what wires? Sorry if I sound ignorant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is exactly what I have always done. I start getting scared at about 120 miles or so. I've had a LOT more miles on it before when I saw my last bar start blinking. My friend and I rode all day without filling up...stopped at a gas station, watched his g/f fill up and looked at each other, proving our manliness we skipped filling up till we parted ways later (8 miles or so down the road) I got gas at the station down the street from my house. Pulling in on fumes.

I still need to know why it isn't working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.