Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 954 and I was wondering if it is possible to remove the rear signal lights and wire the signaling into the break light. I noticed the break light is actually like 6 or 8 small bulbs in the tail. So has anyone or does anyone know if it is possible to wire the signaling to the 2 outside bulbs? Anyone done this or have instructions to something similar?

Thanks, Hellfire666

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
I have a 2003 954 and I was wondering if it is possible to remove the rear signal lights and wire the signaling into the break light. I noticed the break light is actually like 6 or 8 small bulbs in the tail. So has anyone or does anyone know if it is possible to wire the signaling to the 2 outside bulbs? Anyone done this or have instructions to something similar?
Thanks, Hellfire666
If you are an EE you might be able to do it. Thats an LED setup you have, not bulbs so it's not just a few wires to be soldered. Besides, those integrators are just plain confusing to cagers and are next to impossible to tell whats going on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a new tail light from clear alternatives which has the blinkers integrated into it. They are super bright and I had no problem installing it. I highly reccomend the product. I left the stock undertray on and it looks amazingly good, only cost me $85.00.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I don't think there's enough LED's in the rear brake light to give the motorists behind you a clear view of what you're intending to do. I personally would switch the outside leds' to amber but that would leave only 1 led per blinker plus 6 for the brake and running light. I would say keep the lights stock and try to add extra amber bulbs into the setup. i don't have the bike so i'm not sure how.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
MACI4LIFE said:
I don't think there's enough LED's in the rear brake light to give the motorists behind you a clear view of what you're intending to do. I personally would switch the outside leds' to amber but that would leave only 1 led per blinker plus 6 for the brake and running light. I would say keep the lights stock and try to add extra amber bulbs into the setup. i don't have the bike so i'm not sure how.
Exactly! :thumb:

Try these short stalks with LED's so people will actually know what blinking lights mean instead of a bunch of weird lights in a 5inch area :idunno: :thumbd:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2541

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I never really liked integrators or even the undertails with the built in directionals. it puts everything too close together. I like the blinkers being out away from the tail light so it makes it easier to see. I have my rear directionals set up as running lights also so they are constantly on, makes me feel like its easier for people behind me to know right away which direction I'm going when I turn the blinker on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The tail intergrator has more LED's in it then stock......they put in Amber LED along with red LED's for your brake lights....I could take a video of them with my digital camera and email to anyone who is [email protected]
Anyway everyone has there own opinion...I don't like the bulky stock signals on the back of the bike.....

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Scout said:
Well, the picture looks great, but no info. Which ones are these, and where did you get yours?
They are modded by me. They are these Signals with a 30 LED board grafted into it. I got the LED boards from eBay. They are just one of the 1156 plug in types that I disassembled. The short stalks are DOT legal, they have the right printing on the lens to pass inspection. The LED board is held in place by a large dollop of clear silicone caulk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2003 954 too. I will be receiving a kit this week or so to install the rear signals in the break to remove the tail. I also want to remove the front signal which stick out far on the side for universal that don't. Did someone did this ont their bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
tdeal28 said:
I have a new tail light from clear alternatives which has the blinkers integrated into it. They are super bright and I had no problem installing it. I highly reccomend the product. I left the stock undertray on and it looks amazingly good, only cost me $85.00.

best way to go is with these try ebay thats where i got mine and I love it :patriot:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the Web Site Hardracing this is a good one. When I will be removing the tail I stil need something nice to hold the plate underneath. Did you have that custom made or there is a part for this for it needs to look nice. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I replaced the front and rear turn signals with RIZOMA LED's. (Italian made) They have a small profile, extremely bright, and are clear thus being visable from the front and sides....

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks HOT ! is that the Hotbodies undertail? I was gonna buy that one, but I was gonna integrate the tail- But now I'm second-guessing. isn't there some kind of plate bracket? I want my plate either where yours is, or axle mounted. One more thing- do those led flashers on the undertail hook right to stock flasher w/o mods?
Thanks- you can PM me if you want.:thumb:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have this for the rear..... http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/INTEGRATORS/_02-_03_954RR/_02-_03_954rr.htm
and use the Gregs flushmounts up front. My tails are very legible and have had no complaints from anyone so far. Even in bright sunlight, they can be seen fairly well. The Greggs flushmount fronts could be better though. :( The quality is great, I just feel that they are not as easily noticed as some other units that are out there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts