Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing the wheels on my 2003 954. The three spoke are a bit yawn inducing to look at. Ideally I want similar to the multi spoke oz rims used on the aprilia rsv4. Or maybe the 5 spokes used on the sp1/2. Anyone know what'll fit it? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
SP1 are six spoke, SP2 are 5 spoke.
I really like the SP2 rims, but I don't know if the wheel spacers are the same.
As I remember reading, the cushdrive, and brake discs interchange but not sure about offset of the rotors being the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SP1 are six spoke, SP2 are 5 spoke.
I really like the SP2 rims, but I don't know if the wheel spacers are the same.
As I remember reading, the cushdrive, and brake discs interchange but not sure about offset of the rotors being the same.
That's very helpful thanks. I'll keep me eyes open. Like the 5/6 spokes look over the three. May have to put the word out.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Front wheel requires a bearing change and custom spacers on both sides of the bearings. So inside and out side of the wheel.
As I recall, my inner spacer is just a pipe that spans the middle of the hub, so the inside of left and right bearings and races squeeze against it.
The outer spacers will actually locate the rim left or right to match the offset of the rotors so they fit properly in the brake calipers.

The custom spacers are needed for the front, but maybe not the back rim?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had to dremel out the inner hub of an 03 CBR600RR wheel the same way to get it to fit the 929

1 - 8 of 8 Posts