Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Two Brothers bolt on exhaust for my 2003 954RR. I was told that no modifications were require to the bike to install this pipe. When I read the instructions that came with it, they show that a cone shaped end of the existing pipe will need to be cut off before the Two Brothers pipe can be bolted on. Has anyone cut this cone off their 954? Is this required for other bolt ons to be installed? Does anyone know what the purpose of the cone is? I am hesitant to cut it off, but really want to install the pipe. I have a friend with a Yosh pipe that did not have to cut it off. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what the purpose of the cone is? What happens if I reinstall the stock pipe with the cone removed? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
curt954rr said:
Any idea what the purpose of the cone is? What happens if I reinstall the stock pipe with the cone removed? Thanks!
It will be slightly louder. You won't hurt a thing by cutting the cone off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I guess I should have done a search first... Can't wait to hear what the Two Brothers sounds like.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I searched and found some info on the cone, but no explanation of what its function is. Does anyone know what its purpose is? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most likely to knock the noise db's down to pass the standards required to be a DOT can. The light stock muffler prob didn't pass so they did the cone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts