Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what the price is, if anyone know for a whole engine brand new. is this even available. or would it be cheaper to just build the motor. rods and pistons to make it bullet proof. bike has 13k on it and the motor is fine. just wondering to freshin it up so it will last another 20,000k

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Mine has just over 20,000 miles and with reg servicing (oil/filters every 3000 miles or less - depending on how you use it) and waiting for the engine to warm up properly before thrashing I shouldn't see why you would need to re-build it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice. just have never had a sportbike will higher miles. Its all stock not riden to hard. so i was just wondering.

i have a harley fatboy has 37,000 miles on it and its fine so i trust the harleys. but never a sportbike over 10,000

thanks for the info

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I was a little worried when I started racking up the miles on the bike, but theres nothing really to be worried about.

Of course your going to get the usual wear and tear, the 929/954RRs have problems with the CCTs and the FPR (along with electronics at times) but if you keep up to date with the servicing especially the regular oil changes you should be fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have 13,5xx on mine so far and i ride it hard. fires up and rides great with only the reg oil change every 3k.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I got 30K out the original motor in my 03' 954RR and the only issue it has was popping the trans. Motor itself still has no issues!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts