Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when shifting into 5th w.o.t. the bike started to miss so I pulled off the track I have spent thousands of dollars only to be told its got to be ignition on the dyno at 10,000 rpm the bike misses and fi light comes a/f is off just by a little bit not enough to cause a mis on and wont start I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem on a 03 954 so far I have replaced plugs, intake manifold boots and clamps new pcIII usb to replace my old serial port one. removed alarm and remote start any help please I want to get back on the bike its been months of waiting!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
when shifting into 5th w.o.t. the bike started to miss so I pulled off the track I have spent thousands of dollars only to be told its got to be ignition on the dyno at 10,000 rpm the bike misses and fi light comes a/f is off just by a little bit not enough to cause a mis on and wont start I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem on a 03 954 so far I have replaced plugs, intake manifold boots and clamps new pcIII usb to replace my old serial port one. removed alarm and remote start any help please I want to get back on the bike its been months of waiting!
At what revs does it miss when you're riding?
Is it at the same rpm in sixth gear as well?
Won't start?
Is the 10,000rpm miss only in fifth gear and is it on the bike's tach or the dyno's tach?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It misses at an idle in gear or in neutral after putting intake manifold boots and clamps on it idled fine then 80 percent pull on dyno was good made 126 h.p. base then 100 percent w.o.t. started missing at 10,500 rpm fi light came on and now it wont even start

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It misses at an idle in gear or in neutral after putting intake manifold boots and clamps on it idled fine then 80 percent pull on dyno was good made 126 h.p. base then 100 percent w.o.t. started missing at 10,500 rpm fi light came on and now it wont even start
Is it throwing an error code?
What does it do when it won't start?
What sort of mods have you done to the bike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No codes just wont turn over like its electrical i had an alarm and remote start I removed everything aftermarket electrical and install another new pc111 usb thinking it may have been a problem flapper mod slip on 3 up in rear 520 and racetech springs sprung for my weight oh and an o2 eliminator the bike was running fine until I shifted at w.o.t I put a new barnett kevlar clutch with heavy duty springs in bought 8k ago
Is it throwing an error code?
What does it do when it won't start?
What sort of mods have you done to the bike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my thought is maybe a bad coil or a ignition pulse generator or a ecu or a short to ground in the ignition electrical system I was just wondering if anybody has delt with a similar situation it has been in the shop for almost 3 months now oil is fine no contamination or signs of fuel or coolant i dont think its mechanical cause the bike is not make any unusual noise its seems if its a spark issue no vaccuum leaks anymore they were fixed there was missing a clamp on the intake maifold boots I did trade some paint on the exhaust side of the bike eailer that day pulled off all seemed okay other than some paint was left on muffler from the other bike we bumped into each other nobody went down though

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No codes just wont turn over like its electrical i had an alarm and remote start I removed everything aftermarket electrical and install another new pc111 usb thinking it may have been a problem flapper mod slip on 3 up in rear 520 and racetech springs sprung for my weight oh and an o2 eliminator the bike was running fine until I shifted at w.o.t I put a new barnett kevlar clutch with heavy duty springs in bought 8k ago
Won't turn over?
Do you mean the engine is seized or is the starter motor not engaging at all?
What do you mean by shifting WOT - you aren't just fanning the clutch?
The PAIR system was disconnected when you were measuring the air/fuel ratio?
The HTEV is working still?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I did trade some paint on the exhaust side of the bike eailer that day pulled off all seemed okay other than some paint was left on muffler from the other bike we bumped into each other nobody went down though
Any chance the O2 sensor was hit?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any chance the O2 sensor was hit?
good question but it has an o2 eliminator the o2 sensor is intact but is not being used due to power commander the engine is not siezed the shop just ran the valves and no signs of engine damage this appears to be electrical wot mean wide open throttle and for the a/f question idk the guys at the dyno shop just told me what i told you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and the bike misses at an idle in neautral so that rules out the clutch as for the no start problem this is a new prob after repair were started all the lights come on its as if a relay or something is the problem the reason we pulled out the remote start and the alarm

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
good question but it has an o2 eliminator the o2 sensor is intact but is not being used due to power commander the engine is not siezed the shop just ran the valves and no signs of engine damage this appears to be electrical wot mean wide open throttle and for the a/f question idk the guys at the dyno shop just told me what i told you
I know what WOT means but what do you mean by shifting at WOT?
The only way to shift WOT is to fan the clutch or kill the ignition.
Explain what happens when you try to start the bike.
Check that they disconnected the PAIR when they measured the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
under full acceleration at 12k rpm shifted no even a quick shift used the clutch only let up just a bit to shift w clutch never even hit the limiter

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
light come on push start button and nothing this condition started after dyno runs the fi light never came on at the track only on the dyno after that they said it wont start they put in a new power commander to replace my old serial port one

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was a normal shift under a full load at high rpm I used the clutch only lifted on the throttle for an instance I was not doing a clutchless upshift

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
light come on push start button and nothing this condition started after dyno runs the fi light never came on at the track only on the dyno after that they said it wont start they put in a new power commander to replace my old serial port one
Nothing at all?
No fuel pump prime and no click from the starter relay?
The light came on but it's not throwing a code?
Has it run at all since they fitted the new PC?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it did run after new pc111 install fuel pump comes all seems normal except starter not working seems like a relay prob I feel like my bike is dead lol I am almost ready to do a engine and wiring harness swap from a wrecked 954 idk what else to do I have to find a cheap fix for my track day addiction cause I feel like I am going to break if I dont get back on a bike soon.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
it did run after new pc111 install fuel pump comes all seems normal except starter not working seems like a relay prob I feel like my bike is dead lol I am almost ready to do a engine and wiring harness swap from a wrecked 954 idk what else to do I have to find a cheap fix for my track day addiction cause I feel like I am going to break if I dont get back on a bike soon.
Does it start if you bump start it or connect power directly to the starter motor?
Have you checked the starter relay?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts