Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Jason. I have a little problem. My beautiful 2003 CBR600RR won't start!!!

Here are the facts:

I have spark (pulled out and grounded two plugs while cranking)
Fuel pump primes and pisses out more than the manual asks for when relay is closed
I do not smell any fuel out of the tail pipe ever while cranking
I haven't seen any flashes for codes

something is not triggering the injectors to open. What sensor tells the ECM to ground the circuit and pulse the injectors?
Bike has compression
tilt sensor is working if the pump is priming
all my lights work
spark plugs are dry as can be.

One day it started fine, next morning, it just cranked.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Battery low? I mean you can have plenty of juice left for the lights and pump but maybe its worn down to the point where it wont crank quite hard enough for it to start?

Check the voltage and or charge the battery up..

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
is there a power commander on the bike?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry this answer took so long, no power commander and battery is kept alive with a battery tender and cranked for testing hooked up to my Q7 when not running. The only mods the bike has is Laser Xtreme pipes. I'm leaning towards a bad ground or the cam pulsed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, found the red plug in the tail section under a rubber cover. It's now back where it should have been. I read the codes. They are 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 48. All fuel injector faults. Tomorrow, I lift up the tank and go to work. It's probably something stupid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to follow the testing procedure for the fuel injectors and realize I don't have the special testing harnesses that go between the computer and the black/gray harnesses. Anyone have these or an ECM lying around? What would all the injectors have in common aside from the computer? Am I missing ground or 12 volt somewhere? The only ground I found was six green wires near the fuse box, it's shown in the wiring diagram. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever solve your problem? I'm helping my boy work on 2003 cbr 600rr and we have the same problem, fuel injectors won't fire. Fuel pump primes and work fine and and for sure getting fuel to injectors. Bike will start and run with starting fluid. I'm thinking it's got to be something simple!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts