Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
The people asking questions in your auction are truely idiots.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I sold a '99 CR250 on Ebay just a few weeks ago. You would not BELIEVE the idiots that sent me questions. I only posted a few of them for others to see in my auction. I didn't post the majority of them because they were SO DAMN STUPID. They would ask me questions about things that I clearly discussed in the item description. :sniper: I had one a**hole get all pissed off because I told him MOST (not all...MOST) two-strokes do not start COLD from one or two kicks. He came un-glued. I had to ban him from the auction AND from emailing me. Not going to do that again for a while. I lost hair over that auction!!! :rant:

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here is the new link your old one is from the expired dealy.
Looks nice man!! Cannot believe last auction you did not get it sold.

Questions if you have time:
Whats the deal with the scammer comment and vin? I listed my nighthawk for sale should I remove the VIN?
Lastly do you have any items for sale for the 954 that do not go with the bike?

Thanks man and good luck!
Reb

·
Registered
663 Posts
Holy crap, I'm surprised that you didn't get some dumbass asking what kind of bike it is! Seriously, you have some patience, my man!

Good luck, it's a sweet bike! :thumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy crap, I'm surprised that you didn't get some dumbass asking what kind of bike it is! Seriously, you have some patience, my man!

Good luck, it's a sweet bike! :thumb:
You guys only read the ones I choose to have posted in the add. There were many more that I just could not post simply because of the "stupidity". ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Eyauch - don't even answer those dumb fu**s!!! The one about where it was located takes the cake!! I want to kick his ass and I don't even know him! :thumbd: Seriously - if you DO answer them, tell them they're too stupid to complete a transaction of this magnitude - you'll lose them there!!!
Agreed. Thanks for the pointer. ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Here is the new link your old one is from the expired dealy.
Looks nice man!! Cannot believe last auction you did not get it sold.
Timing is very important on ebay. I've posted things and had little to no interest only to relist them and get 20+ bids.
On the flipside, I've tracked things to get a feel for market value and happened upon great deals because no one else bid on a particular item.
Good luck with your listing, eyauch.:thumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timing is very important on ebay. I've posted things and had little to no interest only to relist them and get 20+ bids.
On the flipside, I've tracked things to get a feel for market value and happened upon great deals because no one else bid on a particular item.
Good luck with your listing, eyauch.:thumb:
I can believe that. I sold my 929 the same way. First listing..nothing. Second listing sold almost right away. Just need to find that perfect buyer. Thankfully in my current situation I can wait until next spring to sell if things don't work out this fall. It wouldn't make me cry to keep it either. :) Thanks all

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys, most of you are experts at shopping on Ebay and around. What do you think the going rate for 954's are? I would like to sell it this year if possible. Free up some room in the garage for my new project.:eyebrows:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buy it now price has changed on Ebay to $5600. Price listed here is still going to be $5500 which is the reserve on Ebay.On a side note.......it is still funny to me to see people wanting to pay for this with credit cards despite what I have listed in the add. I had someone wanting to buy it using 2 different credit cards. No thanks, I think I will pass on that offer. Sheesh. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ok guys, most of you are experts at shopping on Ebay and around. What do you think the going rate for 954's are? I would like to sell it this year if possible. Free up some room in the garage for my new project.:eyebrows:
Personally, I think that your buy it now price is very reasonable. It's funny as I have seen 954s (ones in good shape) on ebay go for less than 6k or more than 7k. As stated before, it's all about timing. If I was looking for a 954 right now I would jump at a deal like yours!

Good luck again!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Buy it now price has changed on Ebay to $5600. Price listed here is still going to be $5500 which is the reserve on Ebay.On a side note.......it is still funny to me to see people wanting to pay for this with credit cards despite what I have listed in the add. I had someone wanting to buy it using 2 different credit cards. No thanks, I think I will pass on that offer. Sheesh. :(
If people want to use a credit card, why is that an issue? I think you said you accept paypal, so they can use their credit card to paypal you the $$. As soon as the $$ hits your paypal account (add 3% to total to cover fees), transfer the money to your bank account. Wait a day or two and pull the cash out of the bank so it is in your hand....then they can have the bike.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If people want to use a credit card, why is that an issue? I think you said you accept paypal, so they can use their credit card to paypal you the $$. As soon as the $$ hits your paypal account (add 3% to total to cover fees), transfer the money to your bank account. Wait a day or two and pull the cash out of the bank so it is in your hand....then they can have the bike.
While I did say I would accept Paypal, I stipulated in the add only for the deposit. I also said no trades and the reason I was selling was to look for a smaller bike. But it appears from the questions I received that there are a few people out there that can't read. Many people wanted to trade me large cc bikes and cash. Plus there are many things that can go wrong with Paypal sales. Most of which I won't get into here. Just read over Paypals rules and regulations.:cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
It funny you mention trades. I threw my 954 in the local craigslist to see if I got any hits on it. All I got were absolutely rediculous trade offers (probably about 5-6 of them). The offers ranged from a mid-90's Mustang to a 15 year old jeep with a bad tranny.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It funny you mention trades. I threw my 954 in the local craigslist to see if I got any hits on it. All I got were absolutely rediculous trade offers (probably about 5-6 of them). The offers ranged from a mid-90's Mustang to a 15 year old jeep with a bad tranny.
The offers ranged from a mid-90's Mustang to a 15 year old jeep with a bad tranny

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nice. I got offered a mini-monster truck and a collectible 86 vfr 1000?:huh:
Funny stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.