Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I am a newey here:)

I have a CBR954.

I turn the ignition on and the fuel pump will not prime. I have checked the fuel pump and have been able to jump it with a battery and with works well.

I have checked the side stand switch and tip over sensor.:idunno:

Still no luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

Help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Make sure your kill switch is in good order or see if it cranks that way you know it's not the kill switch. It could be the stupidest thing. Maybe a plug you're missing

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
did you check the relay? try switching the headlight relay with the fuel pump relay. if it primes you have your problem....

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
did you check the relay? try switching the headlight relay with the fuel pump relay. if it primes you have your problem....
:plus1:

Common thing for the OEM relays to fail after about 10 years of service.
I had all three of my relays fail within a year.
Get them from Honda, the Chinese cheapies only last a short time, I discovered in my other vehicles. Never tried them in my bike, in fact, I carry an extra Honda relay in my tool kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys.

It cranks fine. Just fuel pump is not starting.

I have powered up all 4 of my relays and they all tick perfectly.

Lets start from the beginning.

I bought the bike complete, smashed as a write off. to use the engine for my buggy project.

At the time of purchase the bike was not able to be started due to the front end damage, which destroyed the dash and some of the wiring, I did a deal with the seller to fix it and I will purchase the bike. He was a motor bike wrecker so it was no big deal, just charged me an extra $200.

When I received the bike there was no wires to the ignition. I rang him up and he said find the two wires hanging out, put them two together, so I did, and it started and purred like a pussy.

I stripped the bike down and sold off the left over parts like the forks, wheels and frame,

Now I look back and realised that I did not take off the ignition system. Because at the time I did not think I would need it as it was not connected up in the first place.

I purchased a Ignition cheap here in Australia for $40.

Now some buggy forum members have just explained to me about the Honda HISS system, the ignition, ECU and Transponder are a matching set!! :thumbd:

I was told to purchase a secondhand ECU and harness of ebay.com and get it from America as the Hondas over there do NOT have HISS. I purchased a ECU and Harness from there.

I have fitted it all. Still have had no luck.

I am wondering if the ignition might be stopping me? But Honestly have have done it with the wiring the guy made up to bypass the ignition to start it, All it is, Is a plug the same as the ignition plug and it has 2 wires out of it to join together.

Does this give you guys any clues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone post me a pic of what the plug looks like that I have to bypass to get the error codes up?

Appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
You're not bypassing it, you use a wire to bridge both pins in the connector.
I made one up by taking a short piece of 16 gauge wire and dropping a little solder in both ends, and then flatten them with a hammer and file till they fit real nice in the connector.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
ive even heard of people just putting a paper clip in each side of it to bridge it. granted jondog9's approach would be the preferred way to do it!

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Thanks Guys.

It cranks fine. Just fuel pump is not starting.

I have powered up all 4 of my relays and they all tick perfectly.
they can (and do) still "ACT" like they work from time-to-time...
even read appropriate voltage/ohms when tested... but when power applied they won't work properly :thumbd:

my money's bet is on your HISS system though... from what I've read on here anyway.

...and here's the part # for all FOUR relays (including the one UNder the seat):

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts