Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 03 F4i. Trying to replace a couple parts. My main concern is the gas tank. Dude had a stunt tank on it so im trying to get a stock one back on. Will any other CBR model fit its placement? If not where can I buy one besides ebay? The cheaper the better and color doesnt matter. If anyone is trying to sell one let me know. Also, 3rd gear slips under heavy acceleration. I have not whitnessed this yet. Am I looking at a trans replacement or clutch? He said he replace the levers and pegs so i was curious if it was possible that he never adjusted the clutch cable. Thanks for your help. Ill get some pics up soon.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I just recently bought a 03 F4i. Trying to replace a couple parts. My main concern is the gas tank. Dude had a stunt tank on it so im trying to get a stock one back on. Will any other CBR model fit its placement? If not where can I buy one besides ebay? The cheaper the better and color doesnt matter. If anyone is trying to sell one let me know. Also, 3rd gear slips under heavy acceleration. I have not whitnessed this yet. Am I looking at a trans replacement or clutch? He said he replace the levers and pegs so i was curious if it was possible that he never adjusted the clutch cable. Thanks for your help. Ill get some pics up soon.

F4i tank is the only one that will fit without modification.
Definately not related to the clutch, it'll either be worn dogs or bent fork, or both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Sounds about right. The engine sounds great although I am worried about it because the trans issue. Do you think I should ride it out or just do a rebuild on the engine and trans. I can't find engine parts anywhere. There are some engines on ebay for around 700 but i dont know if its a deal.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok. Sounds about right. The engine sounds great although I am worried about it because the trans issue. Do you think I should ride it out or just do a rebuild on the engine and trans. I can't find engine parts anywhere. There are some engines on ebay for around 700 but i dont know if its a deal.

If you decide to repair the transmission I don't recommend secondhand parts unless you can actually test ride the transmission before purchasing. Replace the worn/damaged parts with new if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know any reputable websites that sell the parts for a pretty decent price? Thats the issue ive had. I found transmission parts as well. teeth and everything look good. Im just trying to decide if i should just go straight to new or not due to price difference.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
do you know any reputable websites that sell the parts for a pretty decent price? Thats the issue ive had. I found transmission parts as well. teeth and everything look good. Im just trying to decide if i should just go straight to new or not due to price difference.

Ronayers usually has decent discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.