Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm just after some info/opinions about the different brands of exhaust available for the 2004 1krr. I know akra and yoshi are high contenders but i sure do like the look of the jardine RT-1 dual carbon exhaust. (still not sure if it will fit the 2004 though). I am also wondering which brand has the highest decibel reading???? anyone know??
Feel free to send in pics and share opinions. Oh and if there are any threads i have missed that are of the same nature please point them out.:)

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
i cant speak from experience on that specific bikes exhausts but as a general rule slip ons like the akra yoshi and micron are going to be quieter that cans like the m4 jardine d&d 2bros or leo vince. jardine is a loud pipe. maybe not d&d or leo vince loud but right there with it. if your wanting quieter go with the akra or micron or yoshi. imo they all sound much better than oem. while i dont think the plain o micron cans look nearly as good as the rt-1 you can get them on ebay new for under 200$ and it will sound a lot better than oem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My brother had a Leo Vince SBK on his 04 1k, it sounded awesome! Deep throaty and smooth. I have a D&D on my 929 and its loud as ****.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive heard a lot of different slipons on the biggest thing tjat ive noticed beside them being load is people dont repack them. I worked a lot out of town last yr and i rode my bike the whole time. The highway tore the pipe down. I had to repack it 3 times total. Packing dosnt last forever believe dat. I have a full vance&hines on my f2. Its load as hell if i dont pack it. Also there r cheaper ways to pack them too. Im just saying...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate it. Does anyone know if I can get a full Jardine rt-1 dual carbon system for my 04 1kRR??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shearm1,

I'm a two bros slip on fan if your'e not racing and just looking for a good sounding exhaust. Full system requires remapping. All just how much money you want to spend. I had two bros on my 08 and now have it on my 12. I did put the pcv on the 12 though. I had a yoshi on my r1 and did not like it, it was to quite. Not sure if this helps but buy what you like, you want be dissappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks crazydave,

i will most likely get a full system, i might as well get the performance side aswell as note and look. I have just been struggling to find any decent info on the rt-1 as my 04 is in immaculate condition so i want to look after it and put some $$ into it. Its just difficult to get the exact info in particular things regarding the bike. i really appreciate the input of all members though.

Keep it coming!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts