Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok there's a guy in Facebook claiming to have a 2004 954rr. So my question is. .. really? I never heard of such a bike. Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok there's a guy in Facebook claiming to have a 2004 954rr. So my question is. .. really? I never heard of such a bike. Anyone?

Is he a Pom by chance?
No such beast, ask for the VIN number, that'll tell you the model and year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody know where is the code for they key on CBR954RR? I lost both of my keys.....trying to get the code so I can order new key.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I think it goes by Vin for keys if the ignition hasn't been changed

Never try to order a key via a VIN.
Just take the ignition to a locksmith and have them cut new keys for it.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,859 Posts
2004 was the intro of the CBR100RR in the US. If the title really says 04 then that's on the DMV, and him for believing it. And he's also mistaken about seeing "other" 04 954's. Honda released the 900rr in June of 92, with 92 as the manufacture date on the VIN sticker, however still labeled it on the sticker as model year 1993. No 954 as a model year 04. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
2004 was the intro of the CBR100RR in the US. If the title really says 04 then that's on the DMV, and him for believing it. And he's also mistaken about seeing "other" 04 954's. Honda released the 900rr in June of 92, with 92 as the manufacture date on the VIN sticker, however still labeled it on the sticker as model year 1993. No 954 as a model year 04. Sorry.

The 900RR was release in '92, but not in the US. The first US model is the '93 P model, the rest of us started with the '92 N model.
A '93 model could well be manufactured in '92, but if it's an RRP model then it's a '93. That's why we don't refer to bikes as a particular year - it's not accurate, much better to refer to them by model code.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another guy said because the bike is made after the 7th or 8th month it reads the following year on the title

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Another guy said because the bike is made after the 7th or 8th month it reads the following year on the title

Yes, he's even dumber than the first guy :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
In the US we didn't get the "92" version.

Yes, that's what I said, it was not released in the US in '92, it was released in '93 with the '93 model. I don't know if any US-market '93's were manufactured in '92, but it's certainly likely.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,859 Posts
Yes, that's what I said, it was not released in the US in '92, it was released in '93 with the '93 model. I don't know if any US-market '93's were manufactured in '92, but it's certainly likely.
Yeah I read your post too fast. My bad :) I'm fairly sure mine did have 92 as a manufacture date on the sticker tho. I'll have to research that a little more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't take the ignition off, I can't figure out what kind of bolt they are used. The Honda told me to get the code but without taking the bolt off I cant see the code. Anybody knows what kind of bolt it is? (2003 CBR954RR ignition mounting bolt).

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I can't take the ignition off, I can't figure out what kind of bolt they are used. The Honda told me to get the code but without taking the bolt off I cant see the code. Anybody knows what kind of bolt it is? (2003 CBR954RR ignition mounting bolt).

The ignition switch mounts to the upper clamp with tamper-proof bolts, you need to drift them loose with a punch if you want to remove it.
It's easier to drop the forks out and just leave the switch attached to the clamp.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
This one is February of 92. Wow, didn't think they were that early.

Wow!
That is interesting.
Maybe the US '93's were actually left over '92's from the rest of the world?
Nice find Ian :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts