Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my bike wont start. I tipped it the other day. Right after I tipped it I shut it off took the key out and then restarted the bike. It started right up, everything normal and rode home. In the morning it started right up and I rode to work. After I got off work I went to start it up and nothing. It primed it and everything but nothing when I pushed the button.

Ive checked everything that I can think of (fuses, cables, battery etc). I get lights, primes when the kill switch on lights do NOT dim....but when I try and start it with the button nothing happens. No noise no crank no nothing. Not sure what to do anymore. Any ideas? Please help!!!

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Hi , if you can jump start it and it runs, it cant be the usual problems like kill switch , sidestand, tip over, would have a look again at you battery and starter solenoid , have you tried jumping across the starter to see if it will turn, would give the battery a good charge before hand:smile

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the battery and had it recharged to make sure. How do i jump it thru the starter relay?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Have a look at this, starter relays look the same its a matter of bridging the two posts
Dont use wire just try a good insulated screw driver between the posts, engine should kick over, and watch for the sparks flying, if it turns over you need a new starter relay switch, there's a lot of amperage coming thro so dont leave the screw driver on to long, if you dont fancy trying that have a look at the next video

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, its def the starter relay. Also the start button keeps sticking so i will have to replace that too. Thank you guys for all your help. :)

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Also the start button keeps sticking so i will have to replace that too.
I'd take a shot at removing, disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, reassembling, and reinstalling first :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts