Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding on a hot morning on the highway. I got caught in construction and me and the bike started cooking. The bike temp got upto 220 on a stand still also hot to the touch but 185 once I started back roll. I pull over to get gas and the bike wouldn't start back up I pushed started it so I could get home but I had to take the highway everthing was ok then I smelled it. Something electrical was burn then the bike cut off dead . I check the battery, and it was melting literally melting leaking acid. So I'm on the side of the road another biker helped me took me to autozone were I got a new battery ( it's an hour later about noon 95°no clouds hottt) installed new battery and nothing no lights no sound nothing so I had to get a tow a few hours later something tells me to start the bike up and there it was fuel pump kicked in the bike starts up but no cluster no tach. no digital or low beams and tail lights but the neutral light comes on . So pulled out the manual all my gauges have power and and no grounding issues. Multi meter testing and found the yellow and green tach wire only has 6.8 volts when the minimum needed is 10.5 volts. Questions if I can't get a new or used working ECM can I bypass this part with an aftermarket cluster with its owe tach and speed sensor's ??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts