Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I was recently riding my Fireblade when the bike developed a clunking noise from the transmission. I would describle as a constant rattle. It happens in neutral, stops completely when the clutch is pulled in and then happens in the other gears, it sounds so bad I cannot ride the bike. It is definately coming from the transmission and maybe even sounds like a grinding of cogs.
The bike also seems to slip not select or slip out some high gears when being driven hard and acts like it has found a neutral, a hard shift and it then goes back into gear.

Also the noise it now makes in neutral and the gears now sounds somewhat like the noise it was making when changing into a gear at it not finding a gear, like something is not quite lined up.

Any advice would be really appreciated, I would like to get hands on, but a bike with the size engine is all new to me.

Many Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

:)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was recently riding my Fireblade when the bike developed a clunking noise from the transmission. I would describle as a constant rattle. It happens in neutral, stops completely when the clutch is pulled in and then happens in the other gears, it sounds so bad I cannot ride the bike. It is definately coming from the transmission and maybe even sounds like a grinding of cogs.
The bike also seems to slip not select or slip out some high gears when being driven hard and acts like it has found a neutral, a hard shift and it then goes back into gear.

Any advice would be really appreciated, I would like to get hands on, but a bike with the size engine is all new to me.

Many Thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

:)

If it's in all gears I'd be looking at the clutch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It is in all the gears and neutral. The noise stops when the clutch is pulled, I don't think it is the clutch. More that pulling the clutch stops somethin rubbing or maybe something like that.

Maybe someone has some more ideas?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts