Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help or shed some direction. I recently changed the coolant on my bike and while going through the process of flushing the lines the 3rd time through the bike stopped starting. All the initial lights came on it just would not turn over. I removed the battery to have it tested, it was recharged and fine. When I brought the battery back hooked it all up it did the same thing with initial lights and no turn over. Then it stopped completely coming on and now the main headlight is the only thing to come on and is extremely dim. I checked the connections, the fuses, and had the battery tested again all perfect. So what is a possible reason for this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot even get the dash to come online to get readings. But both places stated the battery passed and was even recharged to full.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So despite the battery reading good it still could be losing power when I attempt to start it?
Check the main ground terminal, a dead end plug looking thing with lots of green wires going into it. 2003 954 it is by the the ecu. Famous for shorting out. Look for melted/burnt wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check the main ground terminal, a dead end plug looking thing with lots of green wires going into it. 2003 954 it is by the the ecu. Famous for shorting out. Look for melted/burnt wires.
Ok...I changed the main fuses and the battery, got the lights back on the dash but the minute I push the ignition switch everything shuts off and then when I stop pushing the button it all comes back on...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts