Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,after having my 954r stolen i was considering a few different bikes as a replacement,1 of which is a speed triple,any opinions/advice appreciated,i know they'll have more low end torque,good around town,ive heard they may have charging issues,are quite heavy,etc,hey im talkin myself out of one already!..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi all,after having my 954r stolen i was considering a few different bikes as a replacement,1 of which is a speed triple,any opinions/advice appreciated,i know they'll have more low end torque,good around town,ive heard they may have charging issues,are quite heavy,etc,hey im talkin myself out of one already!..

Only one way to decide and that's to ride some of them :)
Have you looked at the 675?
Not my cup of tea but if I had to ride a Triumph the 675 is the only choice :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a 2003 Speed Triple for a few years.

It's a potent bike with a stiff chassis and fully adjustable suspension. The geometry makes stuntin' easy. The engine is grunty but runs out of steam up top. Everything I disliked about the bike could have been fixed, but I just didn't have enough of an emotional connection with the bike to justify the expense.

I always thought it handled something like a truck. I set sag on both ends and put the dampers to factory settings. Perhaps lifting the back end or dropping the front would have helped, but turn-in was slow. And the required steering effort at the bars was higher than I liked. I'm sure that could be fixed.

I also thought that it was just too wide between my knees. But then my favorite bike is a Hawk GT which is about as narrow as a Schwinn. ;)

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts