Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find this for the life of me. It makes a very odd click when i just sit on the bike. Sometimes i barely move it or lean it as im sitting there and it clicks and taps makes tons of noise. Could this be the rear strut or something in the swingarm?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I am wondering, in the absence of much detail, if it might be the shock absorber mount - the triangle piece beneath the shock with three bolts that might be cracked/broken?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
When was the last time you had the rear suspension linkage apart to clean and grease it? Could be it's starting to seize up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent pulled it all apart yet. I literally just got the bike couple months ago. Im gonna pull it apart soon and see if i can find the problem

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,331 Posts
I have a similar "clicking" sound on my track 99 900RR. I rebuilt the forks, triple clamp, front wheel, everything. So I know everything is right as far as assembly, but I swear the front right fork cartridge is banging around. I haven't taken it apart because it has no effect on the handling, sitting, or anything that I've found over 3 track days. I'll take them apart at some point and see, but for now with no other result other than the noise (that comes and goes), I'll just run it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts