Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was just randomly looking at the bike today and noticed this. The left rear view mirror nut became loose. I wonder how many miles it was like this. When i grabbed the allen screw it just came out. It had just been resting in the small hole. Tightened all back up again.......weird never has happened before, i guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Maybe if you'd wash the bike every now and then you would have noticed earlier! hahaha just kiddin

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
was just randomly looking at the bike today and noticed this. The left rear view mirror nut became loose. I wonder how many miles it was like this. When i grabbed the allen screw it just came out. It had just been resting in the small hole. Tightened all back up again.......weird never has happened before, i guess anything is possible.
Some bikes just seem to have a screw loose :)
As well as myself, I've met two guys locally that lost their clutch lever pivot bolts on 929's. Common enough that the dealers keep plenty on the shelf.
My bother's VFR800 has lost the upper fairing screws many times.

Anybody else ever lost the clutch lever pivot bolt on a 929?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed Jazzy , nutlock, or jb weld, never be a prob again, just kidding mate, my 954 same thing, what I found was the thread with the brownish colour gets white rust, this loosens off, do yourself a favour go to a industrial nut and bolt shop and match up to stainless, looks better anyways, I did all my panel screws like that.

The muts nuts.

H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts