Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with information on the 2005 model lineup of ARAI helmets???

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I love Arai and am on my second Quantum, but if I could be assured they'd fit my head (I know, I know), one of the new Suomy line would be gracing my melon these days. Damn, those lids are gorgeous!

Current information on '05 Arai stuff is right here...

http://www.araiamericas.com/

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
And their site follows the lead of other manufacturers in that it is a hard to navigate artsy piece of crap this year.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm an avid Arai user and also on my 2nd Quantum/f. FWIW I tried on a friend's new Suomy (poggiali [sp?]) and the thing fits like buttah!! Very nicely made helmet w/ an excellent fit. I'll definately be checking those out before I buy my next helmet. I've got a big ole melon head and thought Arai's were the only thing that fit comfortably, Suomy was a nice surprise (just get 'em a size bigger!).

·
Registered
59 Posts
For my new bike I got an ICON Mainframe in solid silver color. It fits and feels better than my last ARAI at 1/3 the cost. Of course, I wouldn't have bought it if it didn't pass DOT and Snell. And it doesn't have those stupid black visor vents that are exactly the right size to block the view of a car.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Chain said:
I bought a new Edwards rep last year. I love it.

I too have last years Edwards in Red/Silver. After seeing the new one at the end of last MotoGP season when he wore it, I wanted it. Then when I saw that it was available I really wanted it. I didn't really like his previous "Stars" model but this new one is SAWEET!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You either have a Shoei head or an Arai head.... IICON Mainframe is a good substitute for an Arai (for 3-4 times less the money too!).

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Bigbird said:
You either have a Shoei head or an Arai head.... !
True, although I believe the Shoei X-11 is more like the shape of the Arai. As always, try on prior to purchase. Shoeis and Arais are all I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bigbird said:
You either have a Shoei head or an Arai head.... IICON Mainframe is a good substitute for an Arai (for 3-4 times less the money too!).
For what it's worth, that's not entirely true.

I love both Arai and Shoei. Some models fit from both lines for me equally well. For example, my Shoei Z-II and my Arai Signet are so well fitting and comfortable for me, I use one or the other on every other ride. (or depending upon which one I think will pick up chicks due to the color scheme on any given day....yeah, right!) However, the Quantum line doesn't fit me at all. So which is it? If an Arai Signet fits like custom, but a Quantum won't work even with all the tweeking, do I have an Arai head or not???

Both are great helmets. I just don't want anyone to wish for a X helmet but cannot get one because someone says your head is a Y helmet only.

As far as I know, the quality major helmet manufacturers all make different lines to fit different anatomical head shapes. Only makes sense to cover the entire market, doesn't it? The problem is finding out which model works for you. The key is to try them on and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
True, although I believe the Shoei X-11 is more like the shape of the Arai. As always, try on prior to purchase. Shoeis and Arais are all I've ever owned.
Which Arai HGT??? In tune with my previous post, the X-11 won't work for me, as it fits like a Quantum on my head. No doubt they are both great lids though! Your sage wisdom about try on prior to purchase shines through all the confusion on this subject! :clap:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Shoei's don't fit my head and Arai's don't fit my wallet but the AGV X-Vent fit just right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts