Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Take your bike somewhere else matey, at least get a second opinion, I'm not saying there wasn't smoke coming out of there , but a wisp of smoke means nothing, after all oil gets hot, so what is the oil level like ;)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
there could, of course, be 2 issues though 1) the EGCV has failed, and may have done some time ago and 2) there is white smoke from an unconfirmed location. White smoke if the motor is cold could just be water condensing in the air (perhaps the OP is in a cold climate) or oil has got on the exhaust (oil change). None of these would relate to the bottom end of the motor imho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That will be your EGCV , have you got a work shop manual, why did the Shop tell you that you need a new bottom end
When bike is on its 3 long 5 short and my friend said other code might be cause I have after market exhasut

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That will be your EGCV , have you got a work shop manual, why did the Shop tell you that you need a new bottom end
Take your bike somewhere else matey, at least get a second opinion, I'm not saying there wasn't smoke coming out of there , but a wisp of smoke means nothing, after all oil gets hot, so what is the oil level like ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
When bike is on its 3 long 5 short and my friend said other code might be cause I have after market exhasut
If you have code 35 ,then its a problem with your EGCV , do you mean you have an after market muffler, if so that wouldnt set up that code

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes a after market muffler and know light just stay on solid no blinks
If you have code 35 ,then its a problem with your EGCV , do you mean you have an after market muffler, if so that wouldnt set up that code
Yes aftermarket exhaust no light just stays on no blinks just solid

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Have you looked at the valve to see if its operating and the servo is moving it, have a look at page 6-76 of your Workshop manual ;)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts