Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like the colors, but I guess I'm just not a sticker fan. After all, it's plastered w/ Michelin stickers and comes w/ Pirellis or Bridgestones. I guess that's the inherent flaw w/ replica bikes. :thumbd:

·
Registered
112 Posts
JAMI6989 said:
I like the colors, but I guess I'm just not a sticker fan. After all, it's plastered w/ Michelin stickers and comes w/ Pirellis or Bridgestones. I guess that's the inherent flaw w/ replica bikes. :thumbd:

I agree....C'mon Honda michelin stickers w/Bridgestone or Pirelli tires :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

·
Registered
723 Posts
asiliat said:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2134628562&code=13297489&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

hope you like. the bike looks so good in person, i almost put a deposite down.

And no pictures of the Benelli Tornado?
I'm dissapointed in you. :D

I don't like the Repsol Replica or most replicas... They look too much like a sad poser bike. (Esp. w/ the above comments on tires; or if you every changed from a DID chain to a RK... etc... It's like a BMW ///M sticker on a BMW 318)
I did, however, like the Telefonica Movistar GSXR600 replica - they did that one very well.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I agree, it's a stunning bike, but I'd peel everything off the lowers and the swingarm, and nix the HRC decals as well.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpikedLemon said:
I got more pix of 05s. I did miss the Tornado however. UGH! So ashamed of myself.

I'll post the other pix later on when I get a chance to sort it all out.

I think the Repsol bike looks stunning. I would not actively place stickers on my bike, but I'm telling guys, it satisfies the poser in me. I already have a Repsol jacket. (hangs head in shame).

:thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I too saw the bike at the Int. Dallas moto convention. I wasn't a huge fan of the replica edition untill I saw it in person. Very sharp looking up close.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Those are nice pictures! :thumb: I'm looking forward to see the bike in person myself.

Are there any differences between the 04 and the 05 1000rr models regarding the use of clear coat paint or other finish related things? The 04 I test rode early this summer had poor finish.. Other that that, I loved it!

:)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
SpikedLemon said:

I don't like the Repsol Replica or most replicas... They look too much like a sad poser bike. (Esp. w/ the above comments on tires; or if you every changed from a DID chain to a RK... etc... It's like a BMW ///M sticker on a BMW 318)
I did, however, like the Telefonica Movistar GSXR600 replica - they did that one very well.
Here you go, from the TO bike show :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About the only other thing that bugs me is that after soooo many years, Honda still uses the ugliest turn signals ever. Come on, they were on my 98 F3, and I'm sure that wasn't the 1st year they used them.

I'd like to know when those turn signals started showing up? For sure F3, F4 and 929 had them.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Real problem with replica bikes is that by the time they are available for sale, the next year the rider leaves or there is a new sponsor!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why do you guys care so much? 90% of people that see you riding on a day to day basis have no idea about such details you're worrying over. It's a sweet looking bike. Get it for the power and the great looks, the details are so miniscule. :idunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as the stickers go folks, I just bought one and the stickers (with the exception of the HRC ones) do not come on the bike but are actually given to you separately. You decide whether or not to place them. I'm talking about the gas jeans ones for the upper and all those ones along the lower. I for one am not putting them on. Oh and the bike looks ABSOLUTELY AWESOME IN BRIGHT DIRECT SUNLIGHT with all the metal flake in the super dark blue paint, it really is spectacular.

·
Registered
356 Posts
asiliat said:
About the only other thing that bugs me is that after soooo many years, Honda still uses the ugliest turn signals ever. Come on, they were on my 98 F3, and I'm sure that wasn't the 1st year they used them.

I'd like to know when those turn signals started showing up? For sure F3, F4 and 929 had them.
FYI, Honda UK started using more aero dynamic signals on the 2001 CBR600 F-Sport. The new blades have somewhat more aerodynamic turnsignals.. nothing like what you'd want on there but safety over sexy

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I just saw a new Repsol Rep 1000rr at my local dealer and have to say that I was impressed. It is pretty. I don't mind the stickers as I think it adds to the "Replica" thing. However, they should have put Michelins on it.

I'm not into buying a replica. Seems like a waste of money I guess. I'd rather *make* a replica so no one else has it.

HD

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
colryn said:
Help me out here. What is this bike and why is it so special. I have never herd of such a thing. Please educate. :confused:
It’s another Italian exotic!! Along the same lines as the MV Agusta, high price tag and not sold in mass quantities. Is it any better then the current Japanese bikes? That’s for you to decide. :smilebig:

·
Registered
162 Posts
asiliat said:

absolutely agree with ya...the turn signals suck so bad. they even look worse than the turn signals on my moped.
btw it was being fixed as early as 1992, as seen on the 1992 model CBR900
:deadhors:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts