Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share this project with everyone and show what storing your bike outside will do to it. bike as been sitting since 2016/17. i just started taking it apart. I put a new battery in it to see if it would light up the dash, no power what so ever, only fuse i have not checked yet is on the main 30amp fuse, green one. Ill check that tonight and see if thats causing 0 juice to display.

The bike is pretty banged up, missing mirrors, broken off. front end fairing was snapped in half, chain and sprockets are smoked. paint on the tank is faded, tires are smoked. I cant wait to show progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, replaced the big 30 amp fuse at the solenoid and put in a battery from my other bike and the dash came to life. So at least I know the electrical is good. Just need to clean out the old gas and change all the fluids before I try to turn it over. Also fuel pump didn’t prime, I’ll pull it out and put power to it to see what the issue is.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Thats good news anyway, maybe previous owner might have robbed a relay off it, or if that front fairing and front connector is disconnected ,its operating the BAS to stop the pump, I'm sure you will find it out matey (y)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did find the 2 front relays and the 2 rear relays were not sitting to the mounted positions and just dangling. I mounted the two under the rear seat, the two up front i will remount as well, i blanked on those. ill look for the bank sensor near the battery and see how its sitting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then that would explain it the problem, the front end was badly damaged that when i took 2 screws out the headlight assembly fell down an i disconnected the harness, so thats my issue... hahaha.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Thats it matey, the way these are set up at the front if that front connector is pulled apart the BAS will operate ,also if the headlight relay is defective the same thing (y)

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
What's the plan for this resurrection? Aftermarket fairings or a respray? Going back to stock? Looking forward to seeing the progress.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably just going to do black, do the Chinese fairings. If I can get a quality wrap on the gas tank I’ll do it. I also saw tank cover for it on eBay. Not sure if anyone has used a tank cover for that year model.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Looks a good project.

I have a couple of bikes I reluctantly store outside because I have more bikes than sense. I cover them well, but also uncover every few days to let them breathe. A liberal spray of ACF50 or similar offers good alloy protection, but we all know nothing will beat a heated garage or room. I also ensure batteries are put on charge every couple of weeks.

For your bike @BigdaddyPaz , I will always recommend Chinese fairings over OEM for anything but a top-line 'collection' bike. As has been frequently reported on here, Auctmarts have been good for many of us including myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts