Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this forum and just got my second bike which is a 2005 RC51 with only around 4000 miles(changing daily of course). Basically I just have to brag and show it off to people who can truly appreciate the greatness of the bike and bikes in general. Before purchasing I spent a lot of time looking on this forum and others about the RC and the more I read the more I wanted the bike. So to anyone who has posted things about the RC thanks so much to you and all the great things that were spoken about the bike are so true. I do however need a new seat....like any sport bike I can imagine. Oh it has red trim and Sato full exhaust, the flapper mod and integrated turn signals in the head lights. I will post pics later today but being at work I don't have any. Check it out soon....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just switched from a 2004 CBR1000RR to a SP1 RC51. I absolutley love the RC51, it is the perfect bike for me. I liked the 1000RR but for street riding and canyon carving I will take the RC51 anyday. I know its not the faster in a straight line but it has character and is just a joy to ride.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I do however need a new seat....like any sport bike I can imagine.
I made myself a gel seat for my Fireblade. I bought a seat from eBay for £10, and the gel pad from a supplier of gel products (medical stuff mainly, but they make motorcycle gel pads too).

It's turned out OK, not quite perfect but most people don't notice any difference. Of course when you're sat on it you can't see it anyway.

It's a definite improvement. You still get some discomfort on long rides, but far less than with a normal seat. Discomfort rather than pain! It's far from unbearable and my ass range is now greater than my tank range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts