Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
hey only a few months late ;)

j/k - The 05 looks weird from those angles - but Im hoping I have enough scratch for the 06. Their Xrunner looks much better in the live photos i've seen of it as well...that studio crap (or takeover photos) ehh....

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Zeeman said:
Looks like our Landcruiser, except with a tray at the back instead of the regular wagon look. Bet you guys get it with a V8...

Z...
the rumour mill has it 05 will be v6 with and without supercharging, and a new I4 that is 2.7L and gets ~27mpg. 06 will be the year of the V8, but this is highly allegation based at this point and not by anyone inside the TMC. Of course, I'll get more accurate info on groom lake AFB before I get true rumours from inside the TMC plant ;)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What's the love affair with cab trucks? I suppose they're good for hauling race bikes to the circuit with passengers. From Europe, they look like lots of metal being hauled around using too much fuel. Haven't you noticed oil is $45 a barrel :rant: .

·
Registered
52 Posts
It looks mid-size now. Hmmm, might have to trade in my 00, especially since it didn't start for the first time a couple nights ago. I think it must be an alarm problem though and I should find out tonight.

I read a little about the X-runner version and it sounds like it handles well and is supposed to have 300 hp with the optional supercharger.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Sgtsride said:
It looks mid-size now. Hmmm, might have to trade in my 00, especially since it didn't start for the first time a couple nights ago. I think it must be an alarm problem though and I should find out tonight.

I read a little about the X-runner version and it sounds like it handles well and is supposed to have 300 hp with the optional supercharger.
It is midsized, upgraded a few inches in all directions and allegedly closing in on the Dakota territory. The Tundra did that well, and the Taco. is closer to the current my Tundra then it was to the old Tacoma..fwiw.

Xrunner was designed to hang with the Z, not a bad target for a truck. But it's not like this sport compact truck thing is new either - and Toyota is the first foreign make to step to the plate with a semi-potent version of such. The only USDM counterpart I can think of is the Dakota R/T (for the size class), and while it goes, its more show then go, though not as bad as the Xtreme Chebby. Nissan has some Nismo sport truck dealy going - but cant tell if it will be offered in a 2wd blown cfg. or not. Looks like its some 4wd option group for their LE+ model trim, and not really designed for Xrunner class matching.

I just want to see photos of the danged xcab 4x4 already though...don't they know sept. is just around the corner anyways?? :D

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
tigerblade said:
I had a '98. I liked the front better than the current ones.
I loved my '98, but it wasn't durable enough for the landscaping I had lined up at the time so I sold it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
You asked, and ye shall receive!

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2005/toyota/tacoma/firstdrive/page1.html

Little upset they didn't make the bed larger on the quad cab model, looks like I'll be driving with the tailgate down still. But on the plus side, I won't be bumping my head on the headliner.
EDIT:Sorry a little excited here, they did in fact put a 6' bed on the quad cab :D

282#/ft torque...hmm, and thats before the blower :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts