Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i purchased a 2006 1000rr with only 2500 miles on it a few weeks ago..the bike has an aftermarket jardine slip on..now for some reason when it idles the rpms jump up and down and if you stop at a red light or whatever the bike has absolutly no power and bogs down till you get over about 3000 rpms...prople are telling me that it could be the exhaust flapper solonoid (someone can help me out with the exact name for this) but to me it seems like a dead miss like the spark plugs? the bike was sitting for a while i believe..if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly helpfull..im going to change out the plugs tomorrow and see if that helps but if it doesnt where should i go from there?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 2006 that had kind of that problem too. I did not fix it (my mechanic did) so what I'm explaining, I'm explaining second hand. On the left side of the bike (clutch side) below the fairings and above the stator cover, there is round plastic thingy with vacuum tubes coming out of that. On my bike, that thing was replaced and the rpm's stopped jumping around. Sorry, I'm not being too technical, but I am not a mechanic and I just let him deal with it. It is dark now in Cali, or else I would take a picture of the thing I am talking about. For now, go check the thingy with the rubber vacuum hoses coming out of it. Check to see if the tubes are clogged, and/or if the round thingy needs to be replaced.

EDIT: The round thing above and to the right of the stator/alternator cover, and below and left of the top of the shift linkage. Whatever the hell this thing is, check it. I don't know what it is, or what it does. (I am not a mechanic nor have I ever claimed to be one!) I do know that there is a vacuum tube, and whatever it is, its function relates to regulating the RPM. If the vacuum tubes get clogged or if that thingy breaks its going to mess with your RPM's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think ive been reading about this..theres a "mod" you can do to that i havent read much into it to see what it actually does...all i know is that theres a million people with 1000rr's out there with aftermarket exhaust and they run excellent..im just glad that this seems to be a common problem..but it still is a problem none the less..i just want the thing to ride good :) thanks for the info man

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've done the flapper mod to my 06rr and have nothing but good things to say about it. Type in flapper mod to the site search engine and it'll give you all the flapper mod posts and threads and hopefully explain all.

My very minimal understanding of this mod is your motor should work away ok when even the vacuum tube and other bits there are removed or plugged properly, however, i am open to correction. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i did the flapper mod today and it helped alot but there is still a problem i took the tank off and checked the filters and hoses and so forth but i havent got to the plugs yet..thats next

1 - 5 of 5 Posts