Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is black in color, and is just to loud for me. I bought this a few months back and put maybe 200 miles on it.

Amazing looking exhaust but just not for me.

Has built in turn signals, and license plate bracket. I paid over $600 for this, but am willing to part for $300 plus shipping.

email for pics

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is black in color, and is just to loud for me. I bought this a few months back and put maybe 200 miles on it.

Amazing looking exhaust but just not for me.

Has built in turn signals, and license plate bracket. I paid over $600 for this, but am willing to part for $300 plus shipping.

email for pics

Do u still have please say u do [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my cbr1000rr 07 on dyno today.....has hotbodies undertail exhaust....PC5.....02 sensor eliminator....standard air filters....kicking out 170 at back wheel...smoothed out all the bottom end....i saved the map to memory stick....i know this is an old post but people are having a nightmare with this HB undertail exhaust as the PC site dont list a map for it.... if you need one PM me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does he have the undertail exhaust? send me your email and i will send you the map............i have just stripped mine down and rebuilt it...it was burning through the plastic....as well as melting wires and blowing fuses.....to sort it i took it apart...dropped the can from its bolt mount....used some chicken wire all packed together like a little pad and put it around the back of the can ...the part that touches the plastic.....to give the air a chance to circulate around it.....i also removed the the plastic blanks that sit inside the vents on each side of the tailpiece for maximum airflow to that area....also moved the Power Commander from under the rear of the tail to under the seat as the rubber on the bottom of it started to fall off from the heat..........this Hotbodies looks the dogs knackers......but is a bad idea.....it took a few hours on the dyno to sort out as the little can is a bag o shite....and gives you less power than standard.....the map on the PC site is for there megaphone can...side mount......and if used gives you about...130mph maxxed out....the standard map on your bike handles better than any on the PC site for this contraption.....and your bottom end becomes baggy as fook....slow traffic and roundabouts become jerky stuttering nightmares.....ive been offered a custom full system from quill....all handbuilt......which has a similar look to the HB ....for 1300...........thats fitted and dyno'd
i might put mine back to original and sell it.......get a 08/09 blade....without the toaster

·
Registered
3 Posts
write to Hot Bodies and stress the problem and get them to fix it....it is their product after all...ok now discontinued but still a problem they created.....another thing your brother needs to do is tripple wrap all your wires inder the tail with ally tape for extra heat resistance......still the HB looks and souds amazing.....just a lot of bollocks to deal with

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.