Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, we have a 2006 CBR 1K with 2500 miles on it, it appears the charging system has gone belly up. Is there any known issues with these bikes and charging issues? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had problems with my '06 and had in the dealership for other work and they put it on their charger. Haven't had a problem with it since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mang, thanks for the reply, we used a meter and the shop manual to test the stator and charging system in general. Had a direct short from the stator to gound on all 3 leads. Figured a burnt stator, ordered a new one then pulled the cover, yup, burnt and toasty! New one installed and she wheelies like new again. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
169 Posts
What do you think burnt the stator so fast? Are you running any accesories off the charging system? I just do not want the same to happen to any of the fine people on Fireblades.org

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only after market stuff on the motor is the Power Commander and Sato full exhaust. We did notice that the original part number has been discountinued a couple of times, might be a known issue.........Yeah we were pretty disgusted that it cooked so quickly, oh well such is life. Have a good day.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts