Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike Starts and Idles and I can rev the engine and it purs like a kitten. But as soon as you put a load on the engine, you can't get it past 5 MPH with out it Bogging down or shutting off. It does want to take gas most of the time. But once it turns off from bogging down while trying to ride it, i can start it right back up and and it returns to its normal state of running fine. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
342 Posts
This bike Starts and Idles and I can rev the engine and it purs like a kitten. But as soon as you put a load on the engine, you can't get it past 5 MPH with out it Bogging down or shutting off. It does want to take gas most of the time. But once it turns off from bogging down while trying to ride it, i can start it right back up and and it returns to its normal state of running fine. Any Ideas?
i was on a f3 that did the exact same thing. turned out to be a torn ram air duct.. i would also check the fuel filter and pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you checked the battery ground? Mine was loose at one point and the bike would start and idle fine, but once I started to ride the vibration would cause the ground to loose contact and the bike would loose power until it died (felt like bogging). Once I found the loose ground she worked great ever since. :thumb:

G'luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone ever figure this problem out? I'm having same issue :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.