Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got on the site looks good. hey quick question for the guys with 2006 cbr1000 how much power are you guys getting on the dyno? mine made 145 at the wheel a stock 2005 gsxr1000 10mins after made 149 thoughts?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
hey guys just got on the site looks good. hey quick question for the guys with 2006 cbr1000 how much power are you guys getting on the dyno? mine made 145 at the wheel a stock 2005 gsxr1000 10mins after made 149 thoughts?[/quote]

Yep - the Zuke has 4 more horsies that you do. That's my thought. :evilaugh:

Horsepower on a dyno is in reality a rough estimate. There are all sorts of things that play into the factor. Rear tire size. The tightness or loosness of the chain. The gearing. Tire pressue. The pressure of the straps holding the bike to the dyno affect the numbers.

I can keep going. I wouldn't feel bad about 4 missing Dyno horsies.

·
Registered
347 Posts
you can always take solace in the fact that it is a honda and not a gixer, which should be enough. but if not when are you gonna need all that power anyway? at that point its the rider, not how hard the rear tire is spinning.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yeah You can throw dyno numbers around like crazy and all that really matters is that there's more than enough power there for you to use. My 05 stock got 158 on the local dyno I took it to. an 06 gixxer 1k was put on it and made 148 before a full yosh exhaust and pciii after it got 161, last week an 06 1krr got 146 stock then 159 after a full akro system, pciii and down one on the front sprocket. So of course these numbers make no sense to me since mine made more stock than these other two according to the same dyno.

I have ridden the gixxer and it feels stronger than mine but it's also had the front sprocket changed since the dyno run as well.

Dyno's seem to be a great way to tune for power but as for going by the exact numbers they put out I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
exactly, they are great for tuning and getting the fuel trim correct, but after that the variables are so great and many (gearing, rider, weather, etc.) that all the liter bikes are more than ample for any street situation in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
when I got mine tuned all I was looking for was a nice gain and smooth curve. got both. 6hp through tuning and almost tabletop flat curves. the thing is so smooth its rediculous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts