Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2006 CBR1000RR + Akrapovic Race + PCIII + Dyno results, low hp?

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hgate73 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my bike back from East Side Performance in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a 2006 CBR1000RR with a Power Commander III and an Akrapovic 'Race' system (titanium headers + carbon-fiber slip-on).

My concern is that the HP numbers seem pretty low from what I've seen other bikes make.

Me and my buddies installed the Akrapovic system ourselves, took the four of us about 4 hours. We used new exhaust seals (header to block). The next day I took the bike into East Side Perf. and had them install the PCIII and dyno-tune the bike.

I don't have a map from completely stock to compare to, but these are the numbers from the map:

Akrapovic full system + PCIII + DynoJet's default map (M125-003) for that setup:
143.97 HP @ 12,250 RPM
71.55 Torque @ 12,300 RPM

Akrapovic full system + PCIII + East Side's custom map:
147.57 HP @ 12,250 RPM
71.87 Torque @ 12,300 RPM

I've seen posts with dyno maps showing ~148 HP on a stock bike. I'm at roughly sea level in Phoenix, Arizona (USA). Is there something wrong with my setup?

See less See more
#2 ·
Just got my bike back from East Side Performance in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a 2006 CBR1000RR with a Power Commander III and an Akrapovic 'Race' system (titanium headers + carbon-fiber slip-on).

My concern is that the HP numbers seem pretty low from what I've seen other bikes make.

Me and my buddies installed the Akrapovic system ourself, took the four of us about 4 hours. We used new exhaust seals (header to block). The next day I took the bike into East Side Perf. and had them install the PCIII and dyno-tune the bike.

I don't have a map from completely stock to compare to, but these are the numbers from the map:

Akrapovic full system + PCIII + DynoJet's default map (M125-003) for that setup:
143.97 HP @ 12,250 RPM

147.57 HP @ 12,250 RPM

I've seen posts with dyno maps showing ~148 HP on a stock bike. Is there something wrong with my setup?

You can only compare to numbers from bikes done on that same dyno.
Surely they had done similar bikes before and can give you an idea of yours compares?

#5 ·

Me and my buddies installed the Akrapovic system ourselves, took the four of us about 4 hours. We used new exhaust seals (header to block). The next day I took the bike into East Side Perf. and had them install the PCIII and dyno-tune the bike.

143.97 HP @ 12,250 RPM

147.57 HP @ 12,250 RPM

I've seen posts with dyno maps showing ~148 HP on a stock bike. Is there something wrong with my setup?[/Hi I've read your story but you do not mention anything about how the bike feels now that you have added these extras.You also don't mention anything about how much milage there is on the motor (cylinder compression test done ? valve clearances o.k.? do you have a aftermarket air filter?)You will also get lower power readings than the test the Akro and Dynajet manufactures publish if your test is not done in lab conditions where the altitude ,air temp. and humidity are perfect. I dont know what the altitude is where you live but the higher you are above sea level the less performance you will get. A dyno is only as reliable as the operator but if two operators in the same shop can't get the same results then they have a problem if you allow for the slight variation in ambient conditions at different times on the same day.The dyno must of coarse be set up correctly and its calibration should be checked annually (dyno manufactures correct me if this period is wrong) Whatever your situation you are a lucky man as I have looked at the components you have fitted and would like to do the same to my 07 Blade but the cost is a killer in South Africa. ]

#6 ·

143.97 HP @ 12,250 RPM

147.57 HP @ 12,250 RPM

I've seen posts with dyno maps showing ~148 HP on a stock bike. Is there something wrong with my setup?[/Hi I've read your story but you do not mention anything about how the bike feels now that you have added these extras.You also don't mention anything about how much milage there is on the motor (cylinder compression test done ? valve clearances o.k.? do you have a aftermarket air filter?)You will also get lower power readings than the test the Akro and Dynajet manufactures publish if your test is not done in lab conditions where the altitude ,air temp. and humidity are perfect. I dont know what the altitude is where you live but the higher you are above sea level the less performance you will get. A dyno is only as reliable as the operator but if two operators in the same shop can't get the same results then they have a problem if you allow for the slight variation in ambient conditions at different times on the same day.The dyno must of coarse be set up correctly and its calibration should be checked annually (dyno manufactures correct me if this period is wrong) Whatever your situation you are a lucky man as I have looked at the components you have fitted and would like to do the same to my 07 Blade but the cost is a killer in South Africa. ]
Hey Gould, welcome to the site! There's another SA rider on here too.

Thanks for the pointers. I was going to write a separate review with how the bike feels with the mods. Short story - way better :eyebrows:. MUCH smoother throttle, much more linear powerband, and quicker to rev. I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.