Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some of you know i was the one who posted about getting about 150-160hp well i looked into and it just wasnt worth getting that out of my 929 so since i work at a dealer ship i decided to go ahead and get an 2006 cbr1000rr well it arrived today and open the owners manual and boom.

366lbs dry weight

ill keep intouch and let yah know what else i do to it i already ordered pc3usb and a bunch of goodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Erion360 said:
.

366lbs dry weight
:pointup:

The new R6 redlines at 17-5 too. ;)

I think you made a very good choice BTW. :thumb:

Can't wait to hear how it responds to mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,499 Posts
"Dry weight" probably meaning no oil, no water, no fuel, no battery, no brake fluid, no clutch fluid, no grease, no fluid in the damper, no fork or shock oil... and so on. So basically meaningless. Cool bike though, you made a good choice.

Post some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
on some bikes dry weight doesn't even include tyres, because different tyres have different weight, so they don't include it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok a*# holes...J/k just letting everyone know some info off the owners manual, take it how ya'l want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
I wonder if thats weighed the same as how they weighed the 929 (manual says 379 for that). How do they feel compared to each other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,179 Posts
Erion360 said:
well as some of you know i was the one who posted about getting about 150-160hp well i looked into and it just wasnt worth getting that out of my 929 so since i work at a dealer ship i decided to go ahead and get an 2006 cbr1000rr well it arrived today and open the owners manual and boom.

366lbs dry weight

ill keep intouch and let yah know what else i do to it i already ordered pc3usb and a bunch of goodies.

Congrats on the bike... full ride report expected. if you get sick of those straight ass swampy smellin roads down there in Beaufort come up here and put that beast thru her paces....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Ignore them dry weight is no oil or gas (may not include break/clutch but that is trivial). Still way down from my '04
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i got bit by the dragon and hung up a memorial on the tree of shame the cbr1000rr feels lighter than the 929 but we will see...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,549 Posts
I'll be interested to see the "dripping wet" weights of all the new bikes.

Z..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,499 Posts
I'd like to see measurements in the comparison tests where they weigh it as is with a set amount of fuel... say 10 litres. They're getting a little obnoxious with the dry weight claims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
in response to R6 redline, Yamaha claims that rediculous redline for bragging even though it isn't usable. basically they claim higher redlines than needed. other companies can claim a higher redline but it wouldn't be a true redline.. its just an over statement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Ignore them dry weight is no oil or gas (may not include break/clutch but that is trivial). Still way down from my '04
a bit myopic. (do sheep wear glasses?). Most dry weights are derived from the weight of the components, not of the assembled bike and usually do not include non manufacturer provided parts (tires, fluids even suspension components on some models). Whenever someone comes out with something very light, everyone else develops a new technique for quoting weight figures. I had one particular bike that had a claimed dry weight of 448 pounds, but with the fuel tank bone dry, it weighed 528 pounds. Now tell me where the other 80 pounds came from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
abtech said:
Now tell me where the other 80 pounds came from?
well that happens to be the exact weight of the Leprecaun who sits inside the motor and does all of the actual work of making it turn. He's put in last just before shipping so he doesn't die in transit.


I see these dry weights as just a guideline. Sitting on the bikes gives you a better idea. When I sit on an 04-05 1000RR it doesn't feel a whole hell of a lot heavier than a 929. It feels like it carries the extra weight pretty well (I haven't ridden one yet so I can't attest to at speed feel)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
abtech said:
a bit myopic. (do sheep wear glasses?). Most dry weights are derived from the weight of the components, not of the assembled bike and usually do not include non manufacturer provided parts (tires, fluids even suspension components on some models). Whenever someone comes out with something very light, everyone else develops a new technique for quoting weight figures. I had one particular bike that had a claimed dry weight of 448 pounds, but with the fuel tank bone dry, it weighed 528 pounds. Now tell me where the other 80 pounds came from?
You twig boy :D

glasses
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,804 Posts
abtech said:
I had one particular bike that had a claimed dry weight of 448 pounds, but with the fuel tank bone dry, it weighed 528 pounds. Now tell me where the other 80 pounds came from?

The VFR decals? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
CBRVFR said:
The VFR decals? :D
We have a winner!

Losing the first 100 pounds on that thing was pretty easy. The last 40 pounds increased in cost and complexity exponentially . . .
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top