Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys from what I've read this s pretty common problem but I just can't seem to figure it out. I've got a 2006 CBR1000RR with about 21,XXX miles and I just put on new fairings and since then I can't get the fuel pump to prime. Now I know what you guys are going to say about the bank angle sensor and that might've been the problem at first because it was upside down but before I realized that I purchased a new fuel pump and a new battery at which point I realized that it was upside down. But even after flipping the sensor right side up I still can't get it to prime. All the connections are tight, the sensor is plugged in, the fuses are all good, the other sensors aren't malfunctioning (killswitch, kick stand etc). I swapped around the 4 relays on the clutch side of the bike to no avail and even ordered new ones which should be in soon. There isn't anything else I can think of that would cause the pump to not prime. I did try starting the bike a bunch of times before I realized it wasn't priming and at one point I connected a car battery to the bike and it did prime but only once and it wouldn't do it again. Thinking it might've blown the relays but I can't think of anything else. Please help guys it's driving me nuts to have to actually drive my car lol

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys from what I've read this s pretty common problem but I just can't seem to figure it out. I've got a 2006 CBR1000RR with about 21,XXX miles and I just put on new fairings and since then I can't get the fuel pump to prime. Now I know what you guys are going to say about the bank angle sensor and that might've been the problem at first because it was upside down but before I realized that I purchased a new fuel pump and a new battery at which point I realized that it was upside down. But even after flipping the sensor right side up I still can't get it to prime. All the connections are tight, the sensor is plugged in, the fuses are all good, the other sensors aren't malfunctioning (killswitch, kick stand etc). I swapped around the 4 relays on the clutch side of the bike to no avail and even ordered new ones which should be in soon. There isn't anything else I can think of that would cause the pump to not prime. I did try starting the bike a bunch of times before I realized it wasn't priming and at one point I connected a car battery to the bike and it did prime but only once and it wouldn't do it again. Thinking it might've blown the relays but I can't think of anything else. Please help guys it's driving me nuts to have to actually drive my car lol

Is the pump connector plugged in?
Do you have power at the connector?
Do you use the kill switch regularly?
It's not throwing any codes on the dash?
If you run power directly to the pump does it run?
If it does, can you also start the engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pump connector is plugged in, the connector is delivering power, I never use the killswitch, there is a code being thrown but it's been there even before the bike didn't start and I'm pretty sure it's because of the aftermarket exhaust, the pump runs if I put a 9 volt directly to it, I can't start the engine even if I connect the 9 volt and make it turn on manually

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The pump connector is plugged in, the connector is delivering power, I never use the killswitch, there is a code being thrown but it's been there even before the bike didn't start and I'm pretty sure it's because of the aftermarket exhaust, the pump runs if I put a 9 volt directly to it, I can't start the engine even if I connect the 9 volt and make it turn on manually

What code is it?
Why are you running 9V to a 12V component?
If the engine won't run while the pump is running then you almost certainly have no spark.
Did you disconnect any electrics during the fairing swap?
Did you disconnect anything under the tank cover?
How long since the bike was last running?
Still sounds like the bank angle sensor is the prime candidate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had the code read but that's what im about to do next. The other threads said to connect a 9 volt to it directly, I also connected my spare bike battery and it worked the same. The only thing I did was install a two brothers juicebox but all the connections on that are correct and have been triple checked. It hasn't been running for about 2 weeks now and it was a daily driver before that. How do I check if the bank angle sensor is working?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I haven't had the code read but that's what im about to do next. The other threads said to connect a 9 volt to it directly, I also connected my spare bike battery and it worked the same. The only thing I did was install a two brothers juicebox but all the connections on that are correct and have been triple checked. It hasn't been running for about 2 weeks now and it was a daily driver before that. How do I check if the bank angle sensor is working?

You don't have codes "read", you get a manual and read the codes yourself by counting the flashes - I would suggest the Haynes manual.
I have never seen any thread suggesting connecting 9V to the fuel pump, if you can let me know which ones I will edit them.
Have you already tried disconnecting the Juice Box?
The easiest way to check any electrical component is to borrow one off another bike and try it on yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill do that now then, when I find them ill send them your way, Im going to try right now, I don't have any other bike that I could borrow the sensor from

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ill do that now then, when I find them ill send them your way, Im going to try right now, I don't have any other bike that I could borrow the sensor from

Remove the fuel controller first to rule that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I removed the juicebox and she fired right up! Thanks for the help! Thing is now I need to figure out how to get it to run with the juicebox lol I connected the injector clips in order to the juicebox then the juicebox clips to the original fitting and also for the throttle positioning sensor like instructed and it won't run. I downloaded the maps and sent them to the box but to no avail

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ok so I removed the juicebox and she fired right up! Thanks for the help! Thing is now I need to figure out how to get it to run with the juicebox lol I connected the injector clips in order to the juicebox then the juicebox clips to the original fitting and also for the throttle positioning sensor like instructed and it won't run. I downloaded the maps and sent them to the box but to no avail

It may not work.
Did you buy it secondhand or new?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts