Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 cbr1000rr and for a little while now it’s been giving me a headache, the issue is it studders at 10,11,12k like I’m hitting a rev limiter basically. It happens intermittently sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. So far here’s what I’ve done:

I’ve swapped to brand new spark plugs, yes they are the correct ones

I just installed a brand new fuel pump, new fuel lines as well

Traced almost the entire harness looking for loose or broken wires, can’t find any.

Replaced every relay on the bike

kicked stand switch is bypassed, no it can’t be the wires loose/moving around I connected them together using butt connectors.

Only trouble codes I’m throwing is for the exhaust servo bs!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I would do a charging system check. I've see faulty charging system components do weird things. I can see a possible situation where the system can't supply the voltage needed to sustain higher rpms. Worth giving a once over anyway. Here is a pretty simple flow chart you can follow using a multimeter.

www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/Troubleshooting-3P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

My second inclination is fuel. Maybe a bad fuel pressure regulator? The htev valve malfunction def wouldn't cause your problem as you've suggested.

Really just throwing out some ideas... It could be a lot of things really. Before you throw much more money at it hoping a fix sticks, I'd really just suggest taking it in somewhere reputable and spending an hours worth of labor to see if the pros can diagnose the issue. Check your local sport bike forums or ask around in the community and most likely you will find more than one person suggesting a particular shop that does good work. We have several Honda dealerships here where I live, but only one of them houses a mechanic that's worth anything, and most people around here actually go to a guy who is primarily a dirtbike mechanic because he is good.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I had similar issue but plugs fixed it (2014 with 12,000 miles on the clock). if you have not yet changed them then give that a go first. Electrical charging system is a good shout as is does demand more power at higher revs so testing that is easy to do and at least rules that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts