Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Fireblade which was working fine until I put it away for winter 9 months ago (had work done in the house which got in the way)!!
Now I have no clutch at all.
If I pull the lever I have nothing, even when pumping a few times. The master cylinder is full (in fact it is over the max level if that makes a difference).
The clutch is fully engaged as if I put it in gear with the engine off (on a paddock stand) then turn the engine on it turns fine.
Is there anything simple I can do to get it free before I borrow a van to get it to the dealer.
Please be gentle with me as I am not very technical with this, hence I got the bulletproof Honda as my last 4 bikes.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a 2006 Fireblade which was working fine until I put it away for winter 9 months ago (had work done in the house which got in the way)!!
Now I have no clutch at all.
If I pull the lever I have nothing, even when pumping a few times. The master cylinder is full (in fact it is over the max level if that makes a difference).
The clutch is fully engaged as if I put it in gear with the engine off (on a paddock stand) then turn the engine on it turns fine.
Is there anything simple I can do to get it free before I borrow a van to get it to the dealer.
Please be gentle with me as I am not very technical with this, hence I got the bulletproof Honda as my last 4 bikes.
Thanks

You need to drop it into first gear with the engine off, pull the clutch lever and rock the bike backwards and forwards to free up the clutch. It helps to warm the engine up to operating temp first as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks bladeracer, that seemed to do the trick just perfectly.
I forgot how quick the bike is, need to get back into it properly now!

Times were so much harder before forums, makes me wonder what I used to do!!

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts