Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 600rr. i am a fairly experienced rider and i just cant get it to come up high enough in 2nd. I have tried everything. 1st gears are no problem. i tried bouncing on it and it comes up a little higher but not enough. Anyone have any suggestions. i was thinking about gettin a larger rear sprocket. let me know if im heading in the wrong direction or what to do.

·
Registered
215 Posts
A coulple teeth on the rear will help with wheelies, but will hurt top end speed. Another way would get more hp from the engine. Maybe do some intake and exhaust mods.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Read the site rules:

8. We have no tolerance for street stunters, street racers, or anyone else who gives motorcyclists a bad image. There are proper places for that type of thing, and a public street isn't one of them. Posting material which could reasonably be construed as celebrating or defending these types of activities will cause you to be flamed, and will probably cause you to be banned. Further, even if done in a controlled environment, FireBlades.org is not the place to discuss stunting tips, tricks, or techniques. There are plenty of other sites that cater to stunting, so please take those types of discussions elsewhere.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Biggest advice is practice practice practice! Are you sitting or standing? If standing, are you trying the staggered stance? That bike stock should have no problems with second. Not talking trash but its probably your timing. Its a bit different on clutch slip and throttle delivery on each gear. If your good at first, your probably used to a little clutch slip, a little throttle twist. In second you will need a lot more throttle and maybe a bounce depending on what speed and RPM you launch from. Be ready to roll of gently, cover the rear break at ALL times, be carefull as you can, and just practice. You will figure it out!

Fox

·
Registered
300 Posts
Read the site rules:

8. We have no tolerance for street stunters, street racers, or anyone else who gives motorcyclists a bad image. There are proper places for that type of thing, and a public street isn't one of them. Posting material which could reasonably be construed as celebrating or defending these types of activities will cause you to be flamed, and will probably cause you to be banned. Further, even if done in a controlled environment, FireBlades.org is not the place to discuss stunting tips, tricks, or techniques. There are plenty of other sites that cater to stunting, so please take those types of discussions elsewhere.

Sorry Red Rider! I was assuming that he was doing this in a controlled environment and that it would (in that situation) be okay to discuss here. Guess I'll go check out the rules on this kinda stuff again before I get me in trouble!

Fox

·
Registered
76 Posts
i can get my 02 f4i up in 2nd with no probs.. i just cruise about 30-40mph, bring the clutch in with ONE (index) finger(this is super important) rev to 10-11k & drop that bitch while staggered standing up like other dude mentioned. i dont have to bounce it, but its all about timing. i'm still new so i cant get it up the first time everytime, but like d00d said practice practice practice! but cover that rear brake ( i find its easier to do this while standing staggered rather then sitting down your ankle doesn't bend that far.)

be careful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.