Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. But was curious. Buddy of mine dropped his bike hard quite some time ago, and I ended up with it. Just curious if it is worth rebuilding or better off scraped? It's a 2007 cbr 600rr. Also, t's been sitting in a shed since 2008 when it was dropped. Thanks for your input.
Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Being its an 07 thats been sitting since 08, I bet it has relatively low miles. You could part that thing out on ebay, probably get a couple thousand $ selling it off piece by piece. Especially if the wheels and forks are straight. Plus it ran the day he crashed it so it still runs, except for some of the wires/switches and/or etc that got smashed it the crash, that would allow it to start and run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Thought about both parting and streetfighter. Just have to see how much I'll have to put in it. The engine should be good, and it has about 2,000 miles on it if I remember right. Gonna need a lot of parts and have to replace pretty much every hose and line on it due to corrosion and dry rot.
Anthony

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,655 Posts
I wouldn't be wasting time with that. Take the motor out and sell it. Maybe the wheels if they're straight. That bike is a complete mess and would fight you in every way to bring it back to life IMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts