Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done setting front fork sag on my 07 blade. I’m 170 lbs with full gear and needed to adjust the pre-load all the way hard to get 39mm of sag using the race-tech method that accounts for stiction/drag. Does this sound right for my weight? My riding style is aggressive street riding (at the right time at place, of course).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You should be able to get a stock bike within range at that weight. IIRC the stock springs should be fine up to 180lbs. I’m on 1.0 springs for 210 rider weight, GP Suspensions setup, 06 Blade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realized after fooling around with setting my preload that there is only a ~1mm difference in sag from about 10-14 turns from full soft so I took the pre-load out a couple turns just to soften it up without really affecting sag. Still managed to get 38mm of sag, not as low as I would like, but good enough for the streets I guess. I really like the preload a little stiffer; it allows me to turn into the corners much quicker with much more stability as well as increase my stability at super low speeds (u-turns, parking lots, etc.). I believe I set my rebound to 1 1/4 turn from full hard and my compression 1 3/4 turn from full hard. I’ll tell you, this has made a night and day difference. I didn’t realize how unstable my front end felt until I tuned my forks. Anybody putting off a good fork tuning should really make the time. This procedure has increased my enjoyability by 10 fold on the road. Can’t wait to upgrade to k-tech cartridges and springs next season!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts