Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idunno::idunno: Can anybody tell me if the rear shock is rebuildable on this model. I have re-set all the adjusters to standard,even back off the spring too 2nd softest setting but find it very harsh. Any help greatly appreciated thanx.:hmm::hmm:

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
What do you mean by harsh ?
Sometimes to firm the ride and keep the bike in control, you'll be surprised to find that a harder setting is better.
Softer settings normaly have the bike bouncing around and its ass shifting out in corners.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
There is such thing as to soft for sure, but you dont want it to hard. You want the bike to squat into the corners!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
:idunno::idunno: Can anybody tell me if the rear shock is rebuildable on this model. I have re-set all the adjusters to standard,even back off the spring too 2nd softest setting but find it very harsh. Any help greatly appreciated thanx.:hmm::hmm:
To answer your question, yes it is rebuildable. The valving is quite stiff on the stock shock as well as the spring rate on the rear. The front springs are soft. I installed RaceTech gold valves front and rear with 1.0 kg springs on the front and the difference was like day and night. Both ends were much more compliant. My wife noticed a huge difference on the back too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts