Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppls I've got a question. My bro in law picked up an 07 r6, did a couple things to her like -1 +2 520 conversion, removed the cat and put an aftermarket mid pipe with a moto go style pipe on it and that's really it.
I got on this thing and as I'm pulling the throttle this thing goes basically scooter speed until about 8000 rpms than all of a sudden kicks in. Is this something that the r6 does? I would've expected a smoother response especially with the sprocket set up. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey ppls I've got a question. My bro in law picked up an 07 r6, did a couple things to her like -1 +2 520 conversion, removed the cat and put an aftermarket mid pipe with a moto go style pipe on it and that's really it.
I got on this thing and as I'm pulling the throttle this thing goes basically scooter speed until about 8000 rpms than all of a sudden kicks in. Is this something that the r6 does? I would've expected a smoother response especially with the sprocket set up. Thanks guys

I haven't ridden the R6, but you're describing how my '98 ZX6R pulls - 8000+ is mental around the streets, below that though she's docile as a kitten.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a guy selling one in pieces for 800 locally. I was gonna pick it up, put her together but I wanna know first that the way his runs doesn't apply to all r6's

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is it a basic R6 or R6R? Don't recall what years did the models change and you had the old model sold as R6-S in the U.S. right? I ridden few times with 04 or 05 R6 my friend had few years back and compared to 954 nothing happens below 8-10k rpms. It's a 600cc bike. It doesn't have any bottom or mid power/torque compared to 1000cc bike. Everything happens at upper revs and the R6R should be even worse in that perspective from what i read.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thats just the nature of that model bike, especially without a proper tune. They fixed a lot of the midrange weakness in 08, but you pretty much have a track bike, that loves to be revved and revved high.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the r6r. And yes I've heard that's why ppl like the bike, mainly for track use. It feels so groggy and weak in the low rpms. I decided to pass on it but for future reference I will not buy one to keep it. I've had 600s before and nothing like this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts