Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Repsol 1000rr today, and I was reading through the owner's manual and had a question.

Unlike my F4i and 954rr, this bike wants 10W-30 motor oil. I have been using Repsol 4T full synthetic 10W-50 in my 954rr.

Will that be too heavy and maybe even sap a HP or two, or can I continue using that when I get to my first oil change(which I do really early to get the crud from the breakin out of there)?

I live in Atlanta where it gets pretty damned hot, so is that 10W-50 ok to use, or should I try and find another good 10W-30 synthetic?

There are plenty of 10W-40's to choose from, but not a lot of 10W-30...

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
While I'll be interested to hear the answer to this (sorry I don't have an answer for you) I would like to know what kind of oil (and weight) that you used in your F4i

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
it's funny how what the manual recommends, Honda for once doesn't provide. their list of oils doesn't include a 10w30.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea, I've never seen a 10w30 recommended. Hmm... being you're from GA, and you're temps don't dip into the 0's you should be fine running 10w40 and all the available oils are great. I'm sure there's even a Repsol 4T Moto 10w40 waiting for you at your local bike shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts