Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to replace my 2008 1000RR's original battery (at 42k miles) with a WPS Featherlight. Two things jumped out at me - first, this new battery puts out about 3ah to my old battery's 10 which makes me wonder if it's sufficient. Second, and more importantly, the battery terminals on the bike are pretty clearly marked, yet if they are correct the poles on the new battery (and every other battery offered) are the wrong way round. I called the shop that sold the battery, and they said I must be confused.

It was then I realized the old battery had the same terminal arrangement as this new one does, but for years I've had my battery tender wiring reversed. Probably not good.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but a big red boot (with a big + on it) covering a terminal indicates the positive terminal, right? In what world would that actually be the negative?

See picture.

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,217 Posts
Today I went to replace my 2008 1000RR's original battery (at 42k miles) with a WPS Featherlight. Two things jumped out at me - first, this new battery puts out about 3ah to my old battery's 10 which makes me wonder if it's sufficient. Second, and more importantly, the battery terminals on the bike are pretty clearly marked, yet if they are correct the poles on the new battery (and every other battery offered) are the wrong way round. I called the shop that sold the battery, and they said I must be confused.

It was then I realized the old battery had the same terminal arrangement as this new one does, but for years I've had my battery tender wiring reversed. Probably not good.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but a big red boot (with a big + on it) covering a terminal indicates the positive terminal, right? In what world would that actually be the negative?

See picture.
I'm gonna help you here without any negativity. As you look at your photo as its posted, turn the battery 180 degrees to the right, then lay it down in the opening, not standing it up, as you have it. Then the positive terminal will be where you need it. See pic I "borrowed" from the WWW.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I guess he needed another (round) of opinions. He asked the same question on another forum. Didn’t get the ‘turn it, flip it’ answer so soon however, so Bravo! To Fireblades.org for hosting brainier members ��.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,217 Posts
I guess he needed another (round) of opinions. He asked the same question on another forum. Didn’t get the ‘turn it, flip it’ answer so soon however, so Bravo! To Fireblades.org for hosting brainier members ��.
:rotfl::thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts