Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here but I've creeped for a while.

Picked up an 08 blade in pristine condition a few thousand miles ago. No oil burning, but just recently I have started to hear the famous "tractor idle" from the clutch. Did the clutch loading test and sure enough the engine quieted right up.

My bike is past the 5 yr from purchase mark... So what should I do?

I know the recall letter says it doesn't affect "performance or reliability" and hell, that super charger "weeeeeeiiiiiiiiing" sounds badass, but I don't want a crank failure.

Anyone else riding a current gen blade that didn't get the replacement?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi, new guy here but I've creeped for a while.

Picked up an 08 blade in pristine condition a few thousand miles ago. No oil burning, but just recently I have started to hear the famous "tractor idle" from the clutch. Did the clutch loading test and sure enough the engine quieted right up.

My bike is past the 5 yr from purchase mark... So what should I do?

I know the recall letter says it doesn't affect "performance or reliability" and hell, that super charger "weeeeeeiiiiiiiiing" sounds badass, but I don't want a crank failure.

Anyone else riding a current gen blade that didn't get the replacement?

Thanks

How does a clutch issue cause crank failure?
As long as the clutch rattle stops when you load it up I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little confused on that as well, but it seems that the clutch rattle is caused my the deformation of the crank/primary drive teeth.

I dont care about the noise, I just dont want teeth on the crank to break and grenade my motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts