Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tel me if it's possible, [or not] to replace the oil filter on a 2008 Fireblade with a full Akrapovic exhaust system without having to loosen/remove it? I have called the importers and they don't seem to know either way

·
Banned
236 Posts
No you can not you have to remove the headers to get to the oil filter, it is a very bad design and unfortunately its one of the things thats stopping me buying the full system, if you have the slip on it will be the same as it is now.

hope that helps

Russ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if it's possible to just remove the springs on the right hand downpipe only and just remove that in order to remove the filter?

RACING & EVOLUTION EXHAUST SYSTEM for HONDA CBR 1000 RR (2008) - Akrapovic

Just spoken to Calsport and have been informed you can Probalbly removed the springs on the right hand header pipe and from there remove the oil filter, so doesnt sound so bad,,, The guy was teling me though that unless I am going to use the bike for racing, which I'm not I might be better off getting the slip on, and told me the most popular one is the non-cat version, which can be used safely without a PC111. ie, wont run lean and srew the fueling.

Does anyone have a non-cat Akrapovic slipon fitted who has pics and comments?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts