Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have done approx 1000miles on my 08 blade and love the performance but am disappointed about the finish on the bike. Mine is the candy red colour, and the tank is really scratched and my exhaust has turned white and has rust starting to show, despite regular cleaning. Has anyone else experienced this and if so did your dealer replace the parts?

PS I have been told that the exhaust problem I have experienced is due to the catalitic converter being in the wrong position?!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi All,

I have done approx 1000miles on my 08 blade and love the performance but am disappointed about the finish on the bike. Mine is the candy red colour, and the tank is really scratched and my exhaust has turned white and has rust starting to show, despite regular cleaning. Has anyone else experienced this and if so did your dealer replace the parts?

PS I have been told that the exhaust problem I have experienced is due to the catalitic converter being in the wrong position?!
if you have rust showing already take it back to the dealer and get it sorted you wouldn't expect a car to show signs of rust after so few miles no difference with a bike.
one question where do you keep your bike if in a garage has it got damp in it will attack the metal really quick or a condensation build up?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hmmmmm

Paintwork seems fine on mine.

The exhaust discolouration, I'm just gonna wait and see how it ends up with a uniform lighter colour or not.

Dev's cam sensor. One of those things or a common fault ?? We'll have to wait and see.

At the end of the day we have 2 years warranty and 2 years roadside assistance. Every bike I have owned has had some sort of problems generally. I aint worried about my baby TBH.

·
Registered
121 Posts
still got no probs with mine like splattys justdiscolour in exhaust other than that she good prob cos i polish it after every ride such great weather at the mo but the bug splat is madness!!! lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
My tank was scratched after 15 miles on the way home. I went to the dealer to pick up the 07, but left with the 08. After reading comments about the 07 vs. the 08, i'm starting to wonder if I made the wrong choice:confused:

Maybe I'm just bent because I can't ride right now:mad: .......

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmmmmm

Paintwork seems fine on mine.

The exhaust discolouration, I'm just gonna wait and see how it ends up with a uniform lighter colour or not.

Dev's cam sensor. One of those things or a common fault ?? We'll have to wait and see.

At the end of the day we have 2 years warranty and 2 years roadside assistance. Every bike I have owned has had some sort of problems generally. I aint worried about my baby TBH.
Yep mines 5 days old and they have given me a new 1, means i wont have to clean those bugs off:thumb:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That isn't good news for me.. If they gave you a new bike then they basically they are saying that the bike is defective.. I have had Honda's all my life since the 900RR and I never had any problems with quality. That is why I fell in love with Honda's...

·
Registered
263 Posts
That isn't good news for me.. If they gave you a new bike then they basically they are saying that the bike is defective.. I have had Honda's all my life since the 900RR and I never had any problems with quality. That is why I fell in love with Honda's...
Well its only 5 days old 400 miles so they had to give me a new bike and yes it has a problem but no other blade has had it. They will strip it and see whats up, i have asked if they will let me know there findings so hopefully i can report the news. (probably wont tell me if its serious though knowing Honda they keep it to themselves).:hmm:

·
Registered
361 Posts
that's why It's wise to wait for atleast a year before buyin any new model, teething probs will always surface. they only get ironed out after the 3rd or 4th batch is rolled out on the production line. yours was prolly one of the 1st batch and manufacturers actually concede to this but accept no liability as it's regarded as normal practice. your vin. no. will reveal all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts