Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Fireblade mileage is currently on 22500km. The next major service is due at 24000km.

- What should all be done/replaced at this service?
- Must the air filter be replaced even if not worn/damaged?
- Is it better to use a Honda OEM air filter or DNA performance one?

The service will be done at an approved Honda dealer (in Cape Town, South Africa) but just want to make sure that all checks are done and included coz the 24k service aint cheap.

Appreciate all Feedback.

Cheers
Fawaaz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks C_T,

I checked the Service Manual under the Maintenance Schedule table (Pg 4-4 attached) and it's a bit confusing/contradictory because the Service Book that came with my bike says the service interval is every 6000km. The Maintenance Schedule in the Service Manual shows the interval to be every 6400km.

So when reading the Maintenance Schedule in the manual, I use column 256 which is the next logical interval. It shows that the air filter doesn't have to be replaced. The only parts to be replaced are: Spark Plugs, Oil & Oil Filter. The quote I received from Honda Dealer for my 24000km service only contains Oil, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs & Labour. No air filter.

Does this mean it will be inspected and replaced only if required or should I request a new one? My previous services didn't include an air filter change.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts