Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anybody considering taking off their stock exhaust in favor or a slip on even with a fuel management program like a PC or Juice Box, I would honeslty reconsider and think twice. My stock exhaust made my bike seem so much faster. Taking off in 1st gear was absolutely a violent outburst but ever since I put a Two Brothers and a Juice Box, my CBR now feels like a 600cc bike.

Maybe this is decieving, but the only way to tell is to put both on a track and do a quarter mile run to see which is faster. Since the stock exhaust pulls hard low, mid, but kind of fades towards the top, it would still beat a CBR with a slip on that puts most of the power on very top. does anybody konw?

I now know that the men in white who designed this bike, knew what they were doing. The stock gearing is designed for a high speed track, yet the stock exhaust created plenty of torque down low to make it feel like it had short gearing. now they only way I can restore my torque is to either get it customed tuned or go with a few extra teeth in rear sprocket. I am contemplating on finding a way to put my stock exhaust back on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my bike with a Two Brothers slipon on it, so I can't compare to a stock exhaust, but the power delivery seems to have a huge flat spot from 1-4K RPM at least... almost NO bottom end. I had a GSXR600 before this and when I swapped the stock exhaust for a shorty 'straight through' pipe like the Two Bros on the 1000rr, it lost all its bottom end; I've never stalled a bike so much in my life. I ended up going back to the stock exhaust which I found much preferable.

If I had all the original bits for my 1000rr I'd probably put the stock back on to see how it runs... let alone see how it sounds. The Two Bros exhaust sounds about as growly and mean as can be, but I don't want to be that guy who wakes up the whole neighborhood on his way to work daily either. :pissed2:

I suppose its also worht noting that neither of these bikes has a custom map or fuel management system, which would probably tame the power loss a bit

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my bike with a Two Brothers slipon on it, so I can't compare to a stock exhaust, but the power delivery seems to have a huge flat spot from 1-4K RPM at least... almost NO bottom end. I had a GSXR600 before this and when I swapped the stock exhaust for a shorty 'straight through' pipe like the Two Bros on the 1000rr, it lost all its bottom end; I've never stalled a bike so much in my life. I ended up going back to the stock exhaust which I found much preferable.

If I had all the original bits for my 1000rr I'd probably put the stock back on to see how it runs... let alone see how it sounds. The Two Bros exhaust sounds about as growly and mean as can be, but I don't want to be that guy who wakes up the whole neighborhood on his way to work daily either. :pissed2:

I suppose its also worht noting that neither of these bikes has a custom map or fuel management system, which would probably tame the power loss a bit
I already have a Juice Box and I still get a little bogging down in low rpm's and it has no low end torque, mid range is not as strong as stock. Top end is probably better than stock but with stock's low and midrange so violently fast, it's hard to see a real drop off at top rpm's even if there was. One thing I am doing, I am putting on a 44 tooth rear sprocket and according to KR Tuned, they told me that will definitely make more torque down low and get rid of the bogging at low rpm as well. If I could have known all this first hand, I would have probably kept bike stock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I havn't heard very many good things on the forums about the Two Brothers exhaust, other than it's LOUD (from the owners who seem to want it that way). Perhaps that's where the problem is.

I have a TM and I really like it. I do strictly street riding, so no benefits from some other aftermarket system that gives higher hp at 13,000 rpm woud help me. Dyno results posted by other TM owners show good gains in the low and mid range. I do know it'll do a power wheelie easy enough. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
No experience with a juicebox but I have a two brothers bolt-on on my 954 and I like it. Maybe its not adjusted properly? My buddy had a slip on on his 1000rr with no other mods and there was some bogging down low... :idunno:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just posted this in the aftermarket exhaust megathread, but I'll post it here as well because it seems relevant:

After looking at different exhausts, and considering my needs, I think I'm going to go the cheap bastard route and pick up one of these hong kong shorty pipes:

Exhaust Muffler Silencer Pipe GP Style CBR1000RR 08-09 : eBay Motors (item 260573333549 end time Apr-20-10 20:29:13 PDT)

I think at worst it will be as loud as my Two Brothers, ideally quieter, and I get the impression that the fact that it has an S-bend in it will bring up my low-end power somewhat. My question is, does this seem like a good analysis of the comparison between my Two Brothers exhaust and this one?

·
Premium Member
4,172 Posts
For anybody considering taking off their stock exhaust in favor or a slip on even with a fuel management program like a PC or Juice Box, I would honeslty reconsider and think twice. My stock exhaust made my bike seem so much faster. Taking off in 1st gear was absolutely a violent outburst but ever since I put a Two Brothers and a Juice Box, my CBR now feels like a 600cc bike.

Maybe this is decieving, but the only way to tell is to put both on a track and do a quarter mile run to see which is faster. Since the stock exhaust pulls hard low, mid, but kind of fades towards the top, it would still beat a CBR with a slip on that puts most of the power on very top. does anybody konw?

I now know that the men in white who designed this bike, knew what they were doing. The stock gearing is designed for a high speed track, yet the stock exhaust created plenty of torque down low to make it feel like it had short gearing. now they only way I can restore my torque is to either get it customed tuned or go with a few extra teeth in rear sprocket. I am contemplating on finding a way to put my stock exhaust back on.
I wonder if you got the Pazzaz Z bomb ignition retard added to your system that maybe you would recover that low end? I have been looking at the Taylormade exhaust and the PC III with the ignition module.
I have been dragging my feet about buying any exhaust and electronics, because the money for all of this, only gets me a different look & sound, and only a little horse power, relative the money. About $1500.00 - $1800.00 smackers for about a total of 7 horse power, with the claim that throttle response is better.
Aside from the fact that the look is cool, thats about the only real bennefit.
Presently, I dont get to ride as much as I used too these day's. When ever I do get to ride my CBR, I dont have a big problem with the horses as stock.
I like the wheelies on the bottom end, and my arms get a good stretching, if I ride like a dork.:hmm: Not that I do that very often:O :rotfl:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if you got the Pazzaz Z bomb ignition retard added to your system that maybe you would recover that low end? I have been looking at the Taylormade exhaust and the PC III with the ignition module.
I have been dragging my feet about buying any exhaust and electronics, because the money for all of this, only gets me a different look & sound, and only a little horse power, relative the money. About $1500.00 - $1800.00 smackers for about a total of 7 horse power, with the claim that throttle response is better.
Aside from the fact that the look is cool, thats about the only real bennefit.
Presently, I dont get to ride as much as I used too these day's. When ever I do get to ride my CBR, I dont have a big problem with the horses as stock.
I like the wheelies on the bottom end, and my arms get a good stretching, if I ride like a dork.:hmm: Not that I do that very often:O :rotfl:

I would leave bike stock. Honda engineers really know what they are doing. The zbomb will not effect anything down low but will give you an extra 6hp. You will need to get a PC however as upper throttle will be lean. The only way a pipe can really add power is by a custom tune and not downloading those maps. Either way, if you get a pipe you will lose low and mid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a 2 brothers exhaust, bmc air filter and PC 5 with map from PC. The bike did feel sluggish in the low to midrange torque from stock. I Went get it customed tuned and on the first run I actually was down 2 torque and 2 hp from stock. After he tuned it I gained 6 torque and 11 HP. The mid range torque felt alot better and the all around throttle response through the rpms was very smooth..If you are going to put bolt on mods spend the 300 bucks for a custom tune. It makes all the difference!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.