Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My missus phoned me at work this morning to say the postman had delivered a letter from Honda that had to be signed for.

I told her to open it. It detailed a recall for a faulty water pump hose clip caused by engine vibration at the water pump end. Failure could result in the rider being sprayed with boiling hot water. Nice !!

It applies to certain batches of bikes.

Anybody else had one of these ?

Mine was a very early Blade BTW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is 01/08 production.
I could smell coolant and the reservoir was down about 2in below min. last time I rode. I have never had this smell before, 1000mi on bike. I was going to stopin dealer today to get some coolant.
Overheating an engine is never a good thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received my letter this morning and it's going back next Tuesday to be fixed. In the letter it states "In the worst case this could lead to hot water being splashed onto the rider and that the work required should take no more than one hour". The bike is also going in for its 4000 mile service at the same time and I've had no water loss or oil problems.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Prob about the same time as yours but from what i'm gathering, its batch related.If you dont get a letter by tommorrow,your in the the clear.

·
Banned
236 Posts
I got the letter and spoke to the dealers its a jubilee clip effectively and it needs to be checked in case it works lose under heavy riding/vibration.

My dealer wasnt too fussed to get mine in they will do it when i take the bike back for this oil issue (400 miles done 200 left).

Russ

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got the letter and spoke to the dealers its a jubilee clip effectively and it needs to be checked in case it works lose under heavy riding/vibration.

My dealer wasnt too fussed to get mine in they will do it when i take the bike back for this oil issue (400 miles done 200 left).

Russ
What oil issue?

·
Banned
236 Posts
I took it back last month and they emptied the engine and measured the correct about and put it back in, I am having to do 600 miles then take it back so they can measure it again to see if the bike is using excessive oil.

I am hoping that it was just a glitch in what happened (oil went from 4/5th up the dipstick to off the dipstick in one day riding, about 400 miles).

But the oil issue is one for the other threads :)

Russ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea got mine,
Going to Pidcocks this Friday morning to have clip changed. Apparently they will put a thinner clip on to give better grip. But i did have to top up my coolant about a week after taking the bike, since then no probs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I took it back last month and they emptied the engine and measured the correct about and put it back in, I am having to do 600 miles then take it back so they can measure it again to see if the bike is using excessive oil.

I am hoping that it was just a glitch in what happened (oil went from 4/5th up the dipstick to off the dipstick in one day riding, about 400 miles).

But the oil issue is one for the other threads :)

Russ
Sorry i realise not the thread for this but if this helps, they do use a little oil (around 1 ltr per 2000miles) this is acceptable and no different from most jap bikes dependant on how they are ridden, mine is ridden hard + track days and has used just over 1 ltr in 2400 miles.:thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
what would you consider first batch? the honda dealership by me has a few blades, one from 01/08 and two from 02/08...asked him bout this yesterday and said he wouldn't pass it by honda for having this type of recall

1 - 20 of 162 Posts